Boat Jokes (we need a few laughs)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Oct 29, 2006.

1. charmc

charmc Senior Member

I've seen those pix before, agree the last two are fake. Silly, really, the actual sequence is hilarious by itself.

Don't know about the banana boat, but I suspect that each of those highly skilled fellows was exposed to some liquid other than the water in the dock that evening. :rolleyes:

By the way, Walrus, I seem to recall that the incident took place somewhere in the British Isles....Cornwall, perhaps?? :D

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I dont really want to be the one to let the cat out of the bag but the bloke at the back, see the one picking his nose thats walrus.

He was in charge of that lift. It a good job they managed to complete the job as they had run out of cranes.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

You don't know how close you are Jack, it's my style!!! (not - **** I'd get my Approved Person card well and truly endorsed for that one! But hell it would be almost worth it!) But I would be at the back 'cos I could see how it would go if they can't rig up properly - yep Charm I do believe it is Cornish in style, can't quite figure out the harbour but I'm working on it!

4. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

These photo had surfaced in our heavy lifting course a few years ago. The first crane is less than 20tonne crane.The first crane had never extended the outrigger, the reason why it topple is that crane are not design to do lifting with the wheels touching the ground. Tyres will compress and bounce back! The second crane doesnt extended the out rigger fully, so lifting capability was compromised! Positioning of the lifting side of all the crane are compromised too.The second crane do actually topple into the water.

5. safewalrus

Well done Ari, :idea: you might like to add that the lift in each case was way above what the crane was designed to lift at that extent of the jib!! Don't forget the more you extend the jib (Jib out) the less the lift you can lift dramatically!!:idea:

6. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Cranes not properly set up of course, in all cases.
    But if the second one really did fall in, why are the photos of it falling in faked?
    open http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12478&d=1176628725 and http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12481&d=1176628725 side by side, you'll see the second is just the background of the first with the truck photoshopped in at a different angle- and there's changes to the buildings too, yet certain people are exactly the same. Having done a lot of digital manipulation in my time, I recognize a shoddy Photoshop job when I see it.
    It doesn't change the fact that the first crane operator was flat-out clueless, though, which is kind of the point of the whole thing....

7. Poida

Poida Senior Member

I don't know anything about cranes but I know they are not supposed to fall in the water.

Poida (I think)

8. safewalrus

thought they were wading birds and thus prone to a bit of falling now and then - especially on a Friday night after the pubs chuck out!!

9. rayk

rayk Senior Member

Internet

I found something interesting to down load.

Attached Files:

10. VKRUE

VKRUE Just another boat lover

RayK:
    Your link or whatever it is doesn't seem to work... at least on my computer.
    It seems to be trying to download the entire internet... my 80 gig hard drive just won't hold it :eek:

11. rayk

rayk Senior Member

You will need to down load it to floppy discs.

1 person likes this.
  12. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Boat jokes

Floppy discs...Now there's a blast from the past. Are they still available outside antique shops :rolleyes:

Sorry. Forgot some of you still use PCs :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  13. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

And you'll only need 17 093 776 700 of them. Floppies are 3 mm thick so the entire stack would be 51 281 km high. Perhaps not such a hot idea after all, that stack of disks would pose a serious threat to the GPS satellites :D

14. SmithCraft64

SmithCraft64 Junior Member

Two tourists were driving through Louisiana. As they were approaching Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch. As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the blonde employee, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are... very slowly?" The blonde girl leaned over the counter and said, "Burrrrrrrr, gerrrrrrr, Kiiiiing." Ok, you probably already heard it? Smitty

15. Mychael

Mychael Mychael

So how do you pro-nounce. "Natchitoches" ??

Mychael