Boat Capsize Evidence

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Sachi, Oct 10, 2009.

1. gunship

gunship Senior Member

after a quick one in freeship, this is what i came up with. it looks even less stable than the Wasa!
    [​IMG]

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Actually, this doesn't sound as bad as is typical, though I have no idea of hull shape, let alone if any of these figures are remotely accurate.

Assuming they are, this is 45' x 13' craft (14 m x 4 m) and 4 rows of 20 people can stand within the confines of it's rails fairly easily.

Has any one been able to qualify the general statements thus far? Date of incident, vessel type, general dimensions, etc.? Or is this still speculation on all too common tragedies in the third world areas?

3. gunship

gunship Senior Member

dont forget its a two decker.

4. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Looks like a modern production boat :p
    Can I have in an other colors :?:
    And on top I would like a deck saloon please. :)
    Just kidding, don't take it the wrong way.
    Cheers
    Daniel

5. PAR

As I thought, no qualification, not even a news paper article about the incident. Classic third world detachment . . .

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

I have my doubts there was a issue ever!
    Why are we not fed with some pictures?
    Where is a lake in that uninhabitable part of our planet?
    80 souls lost? Reuters would mention it.

6 pages of speculation...............

forget it guys

7. PAR

Very early in this thread I suspected this was just a bunch of gibberish. The fact I can't find anything even close on the topic and the original poster isn't willing to offer up, even the remotest bit of evidence of this tragedy, just shows why they'll remain a third world area for the near future.

What possible gain could there be to post a story like this and not have the common sense to back it up with a reasonable level of documentation. This boggles the mind, frankly. Especially in light of the fact, people of this country will toss money and help just about any issue, here or abroad. If you want millions to fix a problem, just make sure it gets "air time" in the USA.

8. apex1

apex1 Guest

You know Paul, the "near future" in this case means about 500 years or longer!
    That may be a unpopular opinion (and sure not polite), but it IS my opinion, that the civilized part of the world ends at the Turkish border and starts again at the Indian border (going eastbound).

9. pistnbroke

pistnbroke I try

If you look at the rating of american foreign policy you will see that Civiliation Starts at the american boarder ....Its unfortunate that the only version of Civilisaton that americans think is acceptable is there own ...hence they are now hated troughout the world for there impositon of there standards on everyone else .......oh will they ever learn .....

10. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

As opposed to whom? The Brits, for example, who never, ever used their military and economic power to impose their beliefs and their way of doing things on the rest of the world?:p

Give the Yankee-bashing a day off, mate. It's Christmas. Have some eggnog and go snuggle a kangaroo, or something.

11. PAR

It's a sin that accepting the lose of these ferry passengers (if it's actually true) is just a way of life for you Piston. What a sad world you'd have us live in. I think most would find at reasonable expectation of survival in a form of mass transit, should be assumed, unless of course you'd rather have it Piston's way and every man for themselves. So, tell me Piston, what did those ferry passenger's pay for, the right to be drowned? Yep, a hell of a world you live in.

12. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Well said troy. Start to be tiering the bashing.
    Every country can be bash, its easy. So cool of and enjoy the Christmas down under :) .

Cheers
    Daniel

13. Loveofsea

Loveofsea New Member

Why boats capsize?

I just looked at the first post in this thread so i have no idea if anyone has said this already, please forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

boats capsize because of a flaw common to virtually all production hull configurations---- water accumulates at the transom while at rest.

the more water that comes in, the deeper the transon-the closer to capsizing. Virtually all small boats capsize from the transom.

14. PAR

Well damn, now I have to go back and change all my work? You're kidding right? Folks, you should speak what you know, rather then what you speculate.

15. apex1

apex1 Guest

Yeah that makes it so fruitful sometimes.

People pop up, do´nt have the time and politeness to read the thread, do´nt have a clue what the issue could be, but have a perfect solution for a unknown problem.

Lovesofa,

is your barber dead, or why did you sing that song for US?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.