Bertram 46.6

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by seadogs20, Jan 10, 2006.

1. seadogs20

seadogs20 Junior Member

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in buying raffle tickets for this 1981 Berty??? Its not up for raffle yet,, just wanted some feed back, tickets would cost 10aud. Part proceeds will go to a worthy charity.

2. jimslade

jimslade Senior Member

Need pictures

3. buckknekkid

buckknekkid Senior Member

count me in !

4. seadogs20

seadogs20 Junior Member

Pics on the way Jim

5. trouty

trouty Guest

Yup me too

Being in the neighborhood...I'd hafta have a go!

Which charity would we be supporting?

Cheers!

6. seadogs20

seadogs20 Junior Member

It would have to be the Heart Foundation, I lost my brother a few years ago at the very young age of 47.

7. seadogs20

seadogs20 Junior Member

Cant get the pics on, any suggestions??

8. buckknekkid

buckknekkid Senior Member

i can set up an FTP site for you if you like. Buckk, and of course I will gladly support the heart charities.

9. trouty

trouty Guest

Don't do that to me Seadogs20

Only 47?

Yikes - I'm 46...now you got me scared - on 2nd thoughts forget the raffle ticket - I mightn't live long enough to enjoy the Berty if I win! :eek:

You have my sympathy Seadogs20, I lost a Father 2 years ago - I know what it feels like. 47 is too young tho.

I'll gladly post your photo's for you if you want to send (email) them to me.

My email address. shann_low@hotmail.com

Likewise, since we are neighbors (I'm down in Mandurah on the canals) if theres anything I can do to help you with your Berty and the Raffle thing - then please just ask!.

For example...I'm a pro skipper so if you need her moved or anything - I'm happy to help. I'm a dab hand at wood work - having been a cabinet maker / joiner with my own business for 10 years...I can advise about any brightwork issues...(Theres not much about wood I don't know).

Boats are a bit of a hobby for me....I've built one and now own a charter boat, and come from a line of boatbuilders in the family...so can again probably advise with regard to any mechanical / engineering issues with the berty.

Just ask if I can help in any way.

Cheers!

10. seadogs20

seadogs20 Junior Member

Thanks Trouty, Ive sent you an email...im a skipper myself doing some fishin and deliveries.About to go into some boat building in asia, and yes your wood work skills may be very handy. Ive just turned 40 myself, so im gonna keep up with the check ups...im not sure if it helps tho, as my brother had a medical several weeks before...."all fine lose 10 kilos" etc etc.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.