Bentley 2007 Pontoon Problems

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by pademarco, Aug 2, 2007.

1. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

boxrs, I was not going to respond to your commands but after some research about you, I decided I should for the last time. I know every one reading about this issue knows were your coming from, a real company man. You have such great wisdom and knowledge about this issue. Your the big boat man in your big boat the one man dingy Why don't you go back to selling your boats in Texas. You can't make any money looking all day long for my postings and what I have to say about my issue.This problem with this Bentley pontoon must really get you excited. I bet when you go to bed you think about what your next reply will be to me. It true that some of us refuse to be a door mat, but you know how that feels with all those foot prints on your back. You should relax and saddle up your horse and ride into the sunset. May sure you wear your hat, you don't want the sun to get to you. PS, See if your friend will join you ,and Have a Great Ride not in your one man dingy, but on your horse.

2. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

I've told the guy a million times to get off his butt and take it to the dealer. That would at least be a start on his end. Yes, he complains to much. He acts like a child and wants handouts from people without doing anything for himself. Do you like paying for other people's mistakes? If everyone acted like this guy, we'd all want boat buybacks - making boating super duper expensive !! *gasp* Alan, don't you agree that people need to do things for themselves?

You could say I'm adding fuel to the fire - but the truth is - he purchased the worst possible boat on the market.. If you bought a Kia, would you expect it to be built like a Toyota? Come on man, get real. Quit acting like this guy didn't know what he was getting himself in to. It's rather humorous don't you think? Someone who claims to work on high end cars, but bought a low dollar boat....

I addressed the spelling/grammar simply because if he has a problem with something, and would like to voice his opinion - it would appear more legitimate and much more professional if he learned HOW TO SPELL !! If you're going to degrade a product, and rally support from fellow boat owners, at least do it professionally.

He didn't suffer a loss Alan, at least not yet. When the dealer won't fix his problems - that is when he has suffered a loss.

3. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

The finger pointing is quite funny Peter. The fact that you think I am in the boating industry and have a one man dingy just tickles my fancy :)

My back is also quite sore from everyone stepping on my back as well !!!

It's ashame that I do live in Texas, have a 1989 Correct Craft, and work for an Aerospace Company in the IT department on computers/networks - and actually, I can make money all day by sitting back and reading your posts. You'd never think that System Admin's spend most of their day in front of a monitor would you? Working 10-12 hour shifts also puts me at home, almost as much as I'm at work. It doesn't matter if you don't believe me - I'm not stuck with your pontoon boat. You see, I bought a quality USED boat for much less, and when things break, I fix them. You would wonder why I'd buy a boat that old, but it has much better resale value than most boats out there, and if something happens to it, it doesn't matter. I'm only out $6-10k. In the end, it's just a boat. A piece of wood/fiberglass/various metals that will eventually end up in some dump. What I have, I take care of - it's clean, pretty, and hauls *** around the lake - not to mention, gets a lot of compliments. But maybe a ski boat is a dingy in your opinion.

Your postings crack me up. Fortunately, I think fast enough and am able to respond to your insults when I see them. I don't have to thumb around and guess where the "QWERTY" sits on the keyboard. I'm sorry I don't dream about your pontoon boat or what I'm going to say back to you - but tonight I might make an exception. If that's what will make you happy.

Question: are you the type of person that sues McDonalds 5 million for spilling coffee on yourself?

4. pnj5fl

pnj5fl Junior Member

see below

5. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

Please email me with your info. The list is starting to increase Email @ pademarco@optonline.net We are starting a boat junk yard. It seem the we have a genius named boxrs out there that thinks that we are all jerks. This guy is so smart he should go to work for Bentley.it sound like he has posted his job interview on line. boxrs feel that you can rob a blind man because he can't see you. He is a man that walks with a glow, if you know what I mean

6. pnj5fl

pnj5fl Junior Member

I really don’t want war, although I am well equipped if needed. I will afford Bentley the opportunity to fix what is broken. To appease all out there I’m not sitting on a couch. I have contacted Bentley they have agreed to pick my boat up from the dealership and make things right. I know we are all human, I know things happen, I know nothing is perfect. If Bentley can restore my boat and fix ALL of my issues I will be satisfied. The only thing I ever wanted was what I paid for. I have to admit though every since some of my past letters have been posted by others Bentley has not returned my emails, as of today anyways. My letters were the truth at the time, I was bitter. I do understand the frustration of others I was/am one of those that are frustrated. I too spent a lot of time saving and purchasing my dream boat at the same token I too was the same person that was treated poorly by all of those involved. I know there are others out there it took me 30 minutes to find 3 others. Maybe the most appropriate thing would be to send a letter out to those involved acknowledging the problem but, it‘s not my call and lies on those that have created the problem. As mentioned above Bentley states that they will pick my boat up in a couple of weeks from the dealership, if this is the case and they do fix everything as per the standards of what they promise I will call this a learning experience and move on. For those at Bentley, because I see you frequent this web site, I will give you the opportunity to fix my boat. Don’t ignore me as I don’t want to move back in time I want to move forward. Let’s fix what’s broken, lets acknowledge the problems, after all we are all human. Time does cure everything but I think the most important tools are communication and follow through these are what resolve a problem. I think those are the two things that this country lacks. Admit it when you done something wrong if someone has paid for a service or product that has failed them ,correct it. Words are better than war any day, or at least that’s my opinion.

In conclusion we love our boat. I trust Bentley will do the right thing. I really see the potential of a great product after the issues are resolved.

7. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

Well said. At least you are going through the proper channels and are giving them a chance to fix your boat. You're good attitude has also probably helped with them willing to trailor your boat for you. Usually it's the other way around. I've never known any (brand) boat dealer that will transport your boat.

If they dont' fix your boat right, or never get back to you, that's when you take legal action against the company. Some of the pity party stuff I've seen from Pete make it hard to take him seriously. Keep us updated.

8. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

If I worked for Bentley, I would have voided your warranty by now and blocked your phone number. However, I doubt they pay what I make so I'll probably just stay put.

I don't walk with a glow Pete, but I carry a big rainbow on my shoulders.... IF you know what I mean... hahaha...

9. Tasantherus

Tasantherus New Member

Worried

After reading this thread, I'm a little worried, I have never owned a boat before, but currently about to purchase a 2007 Bentley 240 Fish. I want to use it as a Scuba diving platform for inland lakes around Coldwater, MI area. I have a chance to buy one for about 19000.00 with a 75 HP 4 stroke Merc and a Tandem axle, but I don't want to sink that much money into what might be a lemon. Am I over reacting? I saw the JD powers listing, and that does worry me a tad, and seeing the posts make me even more wary. Is Bentley a sub par company with shoddy material? The 22 ft Manitou I was looking at costs about 24 to 25K and is a little out of my price range. Should I just scrimp and save for that?

Like I said, I'm a total newb at this and don't want to get hosed in a uninformed decision.

PS I have a wife, 6yr old and 4 yr old... they will be using it as welll so I really need to make a good decision...

10. pnj5fl

pnj5fl Junior Member

Dont Buy A Bentley

Run Forrest, Run… Buy anything but a Bentley, trust me. I just sold my 2007 Bentley for half of what I paid for it. The dealer wouldn’t even re-purchase from me for half price, that’s the sad truth. This boat is NOT made for salt water. The fencing will eventually bubble; all of the hardware is poor quality. My Bentley was a NIGHTMARE the happiest day of my life was selling it. I recommend going to JD power on line to see a list of pontoon boats that will actually be a good but. I know many that don’t rate well with JD will say it’s all about the money those are the same people that are selling the crap. BEWARE Bentley employees frequent this site and rave on the product acting as if they are regular consumers.
    I just bought a Manitou and love it, it’s a bit more but you get what you pay for.
    I’d rather own a log for a boat than a Bentley. My favorite line is, “I GOT BENT BY BENTLEY”.
    This is only my opinion and experience that I had with Bentley. I don’t speak for anyone and express no opinions for others.

11. pnj5fl

pnj5fl Junior Member

Go here http://www.jdpower.com/boats/ratings/pontoon-boat-ratings

All information provided by J.D. Power and Associates ("Information"), is proprietary information owned by J.D. Power and Associates and is protected by U.S. and international copyright law and conventions. Reproduction of the Information, in whole or in part, by any means is prohibited without the express written consent of J.D. Power and Associates. J.D. Power and Associates® is a registered trademark of J.D. Power and Associates, Inc. J.D. Power and Associates prohibits any reference to J.D. Power and Associates or its Information in all types of advertising and sales collateral, in any and all types of media, including Web pages, without the written consent of J.D. Power and Associates.

12. pnj5fl

pnj5fl Junior Member

I think Bentley rates just above a milk carton tied to a piece of plywood.

13. pnj5fl

pnj5fl Junior Member

Actually you'd have a better boat if you did so.

14. Tasantherus

Tasantherus New Member

Thnx for the info, I just canceled my order for the Bentley, guess I'll have to do a whole lot more research.

15. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

OOoh! *****! come on children! 'don't air your dirty linen in public' as the saying goes - somebody (who it appears don't know much about boats - he's a car mechanic FFS) has got ripped off by a big company! He rightly told everybody, using ten words where one would do! the company agreed to sort the problems out! big of them! If the guy had wanted to buy a bucket of 5h1t he could have got one cheaper from a used car lot or some such!

Then we went into *****, *****, slap, slap, not very dignified is it?

So children lets get our act together, get the boat sorted (or get a refund and get a different one from somebody else, better idea I think, for all concerned) and lets get back to talking nice about boats - all this slagging is NOT what these forums are about, so children STOP! think and proceed with caution!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.