Bentley 2007 Pontoon Problems

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by pademarco, Aug 2, 2007.

1. CHRIS WILLAIMS

CHRIS WILLAIMS Junior Member

Boxer (Answer Man) I do work for Bentley and had told myself that i wouldnt give PETER the joy of responding to his moaning, but i have to say that you hit it right on the head. He would rather keep whining and moaning than take the RISK OF BEING HAPPY! All his repairs could be done in about one day, But he would rather waste his time cring to anybody that will listen. He seem's to have alot of time to bash us.. must not have much to do at his auto shop! Humm, I wonder why?

2. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

3. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

*Gasp* the link you just posted is another copy/paste of what you've posted in a million other places - including here !

4. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

Chris, you've made more of an effort to help this guy than I would've - I can't believe you've been this patient. You're taking a lot of bashing, and a lot of false accusations when you're only trying to help. It's amazing how childish people act sometimes.

This guy seems like the type of person who will take a mile if you give him an inch. He won't take your company to court, because his case will be thrown out - he knows that. He's like the person who sued a dry cleaner 64 million for losing a pair of pants. Except he wants $26,000 back from the dealer for a rusty screw and a couple of wires that might need attention.

Sad, because I bet it wouldn't take the dealer more than 1-2 hours to fix his petty issues. All this stress he's causing himself, is only hurting him in the long run.... not to mention, he is damaging his own credibility.

5. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

Chris & Boxrs, The bigger picture to others, is that I have made public the type of Bentley Boat that was produced and I now own. This goes beyond what you both think about what should be done and your personal opinions. I give the consumer more credit then you and Chris have. You and Chris can make as many attacks against me as you wish. It still does not change the fact that this boat is a Big problem and could be a problem for others. I also think that anyone reading what you both have to say about this issue will come to their own conclusions and what your motives are. The problem is my Bentley 2007 Pontoon not my spelling or grammar which is a big issue for you. Any one that doesn't thinks that Bentley and theirs distributors well not try and make this issue a joke and try to attack me, does not leave in a real world, and you two are an example of that. Come to the next Atlantic City NJ boat show and you will see my Bentley 2007 on a trailer. Then we can all see how many people think this is small issue. Chris I hope you are there to represent your company so this way you can explain to the consumers looking at this boat why in three months this 2007 New Bentley is falling apart. I bought a boat that was new from your Company Bentley, and what did I get. Let the consumer decided. I realize that to Chris and boxrs, Bolts rusting, Lights that don’t work, Paint work on the entire boat is pealing. Aluminum is deteriorating and pealing, defective Gas tank, Bolts left loses, that hold the pontoons to the deck, brackets supporting the changing room and rear deck are broke and they can not be used, support shields under the boat are falling off, but this is all just minor issues. But Chris and boxrs my 2007 Bentley still floats.

6. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

You're missing the point man. You have a full warranty on the boat and you have yet use it. All you do is complain without even giving the manufacturer a chance to remedy the problem. It makes zero sense.

Chris at least had the courtesy to sympathize with you. All he got in return was an earful from you when he probably never touched your boat. Shame on you - seriously. You could have at least said "thank you" or "what would be the best way to fix the situation." I'm more than thankful I have an education and don't have to work in Customer Support listening to people like you.

I doubt your gas tank is defective, but I do think you're a first time boat owner who is unfamiliar with the normal operation(s) of "the average boat."

Judging from your pictures, it looks like by just replacing a few bolts, and a little bit of touch up paint - it'll look the same as when you bought it. All your claims about the thing falling apart have yet to be supported by pictures.

You do realize, things don't stay brand new forever don't you?

GET OFF OF YOUR LAZY BUTT AND TAKE IT TO THE DEALER !!! How many times do you have to be told? You act like my grandmother - she sits in a chair all day and complains.... The whole world isn't against you Pete, sometimes you actually have to do things for yourself.

7. eponodyne

eponodyne Senior Member

Boxrs r0xx0r5 my s0xx0r5.

Granted, I've had a bellyfull of companies claiming that their product is the very Platonic ideal of the Best Thing Ever, and not having those claims hold up in the real world (*coughColumbiabrandoutdoorwearCough*). I understand about advertising hype and wanting to present your product in a way that makes you look better than your competitors. Fine.

But I also am aware, through the miracle of high school Latin, of the importance of the concept of Caveat Emptor--"let the buyer beware."

So, Mr DeMarco, did you do a bunch of research and troll through specifications of different boats in your price range on this Interwebs that Mr Al Gore so thoughtfully provided for us? How much test-driving did you do? Is this your first boat? Or was the salesman just that good? If so, I want his name because I have a job for him!

Mind you, I think that the dealer could probably send someone to meet you at your dock (where I am 100% positive your would be leaning over his shoulder, distracting him with stupid questions and clogging up the process immeasurably) and in the long run it would be less of a hassle (as would dropping those subcontractors who put together such crummy product) but you know what? YOU are the one who bought the boat. You had every opportunity to buy another one, yet you bought this one; were you stupid, gullible, impatient, or just plain ignorant? I mean, I reckon I can work up a grain or two of pity for you since this seems to be ruining the first few months of your retirement and you obviously seem to need to be the boss of somebody... anybody... anybody....

When you point a finger, you've also got three fingers pointing back at yourself. And remember that when you grind an axe, it throws sparks.

By the way, this post is Spellcheck-free at 65 words a minute. And I ain't no aerospace engineer, neither. I'm jist a country boy from Wiscaaansen with a high-school diploma.

8. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

eponodyne I am in contact with Two other Bentley owner with the same issues. Your are right I was the fool and so far I found two other fools with the same issues. I hope you use better judgment then we did as you go trough life. So the story continues. There is much more to this issue then the defective boats that was sold to us. I would like to tell the rest of the story and the conversation I had with certain person that has first hand knowledge about the issues with the Bentley Pontoons bought by us. Unfortunately it would not be in our best interest to do so at this time. We are the victims not perpetrators in this issue

9. alaskamokaiman

alaskamokaiman Junior Member

If you are the victim then it is your responsibility to let the company know and give them a chance to remedy the problems.

Then after they tell you to stick it, you can let everyone know that you feel they treated you badly with pictures and diagrams.

I have seen people "try to improve" what they bought then talk $hit about the company.

GO TO THE DEALER and have the conversation you want to have here then let us know what is said.

Quit crying and get help. If the dealer won't help, drive cross country slowly with a big paper mache lemon on your boat let the company know your plans I bet they work with you.

10. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

I am in the process of try to obtain a list of Bentley Pontoon owners that bought a boat between 06/06 and 07/07. The 2007 boat were made in early 2006 and were ship to their dealers. I spoke to JD Powers Corporate and that rating of Bentley pontoons comes right from each owner. Its not smoke its fact. Again this issue does go far beyond the point of a new boats they sold to us and now Bentley wants to rebuild them. These issues should have been taken care of before we bought the boats. I can understand how some might think its not a big issue, because they are not the victims. We are victims, and some have the opinion we deserve to be because we did not do our home work. It bad enough the boat has no resale value. Do you sell the boat and shaft someone else knowing that the problems could come back. Some of you out there would do just that. Get it fixed and sell the boat and pass the problem on to someone else. Its no big deal to sell a problem to the next guy. Most of you do know that selling an item with a history of problems and selling that item without informing the buyer of the issues is against the law. I already lost $26000.00 and so have the other owners, that how we look at it. This boat has no value and never will. No one should be a victim whether he or she does the home work or not, no one deserved to be rip-off by a any corporation or individual and then sit back and let them get away with it. It not as simple as they can fix the boat. These boats have serious issues maybe not to other, but they are serious issues to the ones that bought those boats. We bought new boats not left overs, not rejects, not experimental., not test models, not demos, we paid for a new boat and expected to receive a new boat. Even when buying a new item you might have an issue but don’t expect it to fall apart. Some issues yes, but issues that are non stop.I do thinks so.

11. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

Here is an other owners problem Quote( Chris,Well it’s been 8 months and Astor has replaced most of my fencing with the same defected fencing. Where is the quality control or the common sense not to replace something with the same defected product? The new fencing is showing bubbled areas, the workmanship was so poor that they chipped paint in several areas, there are small dents in some areas, the stickers are crooked, and they didn’t even replace the back piece. I asked why and no one can give me an answer. I pointed out to them the already bubbling spots, I also pointed out the poor workmanship by showing them all of the damaged areas. I was told that they are not boat makers and that to be done properly my boat would need to go back to the factory. Susanne with Astor was to write you yesterday but I doubt she did as she was going to cc me the letter as well and I never did get it. Not only is the fencing defected the pontoons are showing corrosion, the seats will not channel water, the latch to my dressing room is rusting, it’s just one big nightmare.

I write you because you were the only one that would talk to me the day I waited 20 minutes. The customer service there is absolutely pathetic, Dale has yet to return my phone calls, and no one will answer my emails. I think Steve should know the way people like me are being treated and the poor workmanship of the product he is selling. I will not stop until I get what I paid for. I know and have been told that there are others like me that have a defected product and have experienced the crappy customer service. I had the pleasure of speaking with a gentleman named Vince in Ormond beach Florida he is also having my same problems.

I guess my question would be don’t the employees at Bentley realize they are employed because of people like Vice, myself and many others. Why are we being treated so poorly for buying the crap Bentley sells and by doing so keeping all of you employed? Where is the great product and customer service we paid for?

In conclusion I and many others are not happy we are fed up and want results, we will not go away and expect these issues to be resolved.

Disgusted,) End Quote I guess Chris the are starting to come foward.

12. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

How about another quote( My Bentley is junk and there are a lot of us out there I already found others and one of the girls at BLANK Marine says they knows of a bunch more. I think that Bentley should have to answer for the crap they build. I saved up to finally buy the boat of my dreams for my family and I ended up getting screwed.) end Quote Chris, according to you I am the only cry baby out here. Would you like to review all my emails concerning Bentley Pontoons and the pictures that were sent to me.

13. pademarco

pademarco Junior Member

Chris, still trying to make a fool of me, like I am the nut case about this issue. It seem that the other boats that were repaired buy your company have the same paint issues all over again, but like you stated we are all cry baby's. Just take our money and try to make us all go away. I don't intend to walk away from this like other seem to have, no matter were it leads and the cost. I lost $26000.00 and thats how I look at it. I spent a day At Atlantic City and had bad luck. I need a floating dock at my summer home, even through I will have the most expensive one on the lagoon,($26000.00) and the name will be as it says all over, its a Bentley.

14. boxrs

boxrs Junior Member

You have to be the laziest person ever.

Instead of trying to remedy the problem, you just want to complain about it.

15. alan white

alan white Senior Member

Boxrs: I've been listening in all along to this dialogue, as have many others, I'm sure. Your involvement here appears to be exactly what you rail against: It is complaining. Complaining about amother person's attitude. Your best bet would be to help to remedy the situation.
    How? By being more constructive and not alienating the person you wish to influence.
    It is obvious that your comments are aimed at denigrating not just the person who claimes to be cheated. You have also, despite your credo of remedying rather than complaining, again and again insulted pademarco regarding his grammar and spelling, laziness, and other unrelated shortcomings you perceive.
    None of this falls under the heading of remedying anything. It appears rather to stem from your own need to increase negativity in general.
    I have no suggestions for you. You know what I mean. This post speaks to others even while it is addressed to you. I don't write in an effort to put you down. Rather, I do it to make a point. The point is that personal attacks only excacerbate problems and animosity. Don't you agree?
    Why not go easy on a person who has obviously suffered a loss? If you can't help him or change him, then why talk to him?

Alan

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.