Benifits of Living Aboard

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by timgoz, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Benefits of living Aboard

Te hee hee, Charlie - lumped in with Frosty and Walrus :D :D :D :D :D :p

2. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Naw, just taking the P Charlie! All you fellas would be most welcome aboard - not at the same time, mind :p

1 person likes this.
  3. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Charlie,

Maybe Trev likes me for my English Lady friend. :)

Course if some Brit came here & ended up with one of the prime women of the U.S., my feelings could go either way! Shop at home & all that eh?

No, lumping you in with that "bunch" suprised me also. Oh my, whats the world coming to? :p

Now to go about the tiresome & woeful task of checking ability of a rustic rental cabin high in the PA mountains (at a State Park) where I & my girl shall spend 5 lovely nights late in the fall. At $20 a night her flying over becomes much more feasible. Good to see a taxpayer actually having a practical advavtage from the loot they confiscate from our pockets.

Tim

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Me too,-- ille come and have some frothy liquid with ya. We'lle sit and cry in our beers, and then get some more beers to cry in and then some more and maybe-----

5. charmc

charmc Senior Member

Slurp ..... sob .....slurp ..... gulp .......sob ..... What's that you said, Max? Can't hear you. .....slurp ..... sob ...... slurp. :D :p :p

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Benefits of living Aboard

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Oh dear Charmc,--- its gulp gulp gulp -sob- gulp gulp gulp- hic -gulp hic,--whats that Sweaty? I can hear you but,-- W-G-A-F !!!!!

8. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Please! There may be ladies present – Wilma for example…

9. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Tim think positive - you can get away from this shower - might even go with you (on a seperate boat of course!)

Ups and downs of boat living (mainly at sea on a choppy day)?

Close proximity - ain't that what you want?
    No hoover (not very often anyway, not enough space to hoover! wow!)
    not may choices of wardrobe - save a fortune!
    Not much room to stow stuff - see above!
    objectionable neighbours - bye bye!

goes on and on - IF YOU LIKE BOATS YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT AT LEAST ONCE! For a decent length of time

best of luck with the project Tim

the Walrus - Mike

1 person likes this.
  10. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well-well -well there we have it,--the geat ancient marriner has just said he dose'nt like boats because they are not big enough to hoover,-thats vacuum for our septic freinds.

Oh I was the chief officer of the vacuum cleaner ,---Ha Ha.

You know what that makes sence!!!

11. safewalrus

What does Frosty and a "Hoover" have in common?

you guessed it both su**

12. safewalrus

Tim

To be serious, though how you can be serious with Frosty about I'm not sure!

When you take off on this voyarge of discovery (even if it's only down the river and back) I would strongly suggest that you have a "retirement pad" ashore somewhere! Doesn't have to be too grand, somewhere to store all that extra stuff that you acumulate over the years but don't want to dump just yet becasue its IMCU (It Might Come in Useful) one day! Can't get it all on the boat, especially if there's two of you trying to get into one space. Ok the idea is to move onto the boat and get rid off all that clutter, but........ if you you see what I mean (a room in a well meaning relatives house would do - mom, dad, I know we're moving away but........) worth it's weight in gold!

During my time living afloat (on my own boat rather than working on somebody elses) I didn't have such a place and hell I missed it!!

just a thought, may not work for you,

Mike (the Walrus)

13. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Walrus -walrus -walrus--- I dont think Tim needs to keep some psycological connection with Mom and Dad. I know that you probably do and I understand.

If you need some kind of teddy bear or blanket to cling to as you depart on a sea voyage down the "river" ha ha well its ok by me.

Very good bit of advice also about storing stuff ashore,-- yes.

However Im sure that Tim will be aware that stowing the washing machine 3 peice suit, car, beds and dining table is a good idea and not take then with him. But I can see your trying to help.

14. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Good points Walrus. I tend to keep most everything as is. Just books & magazines alone would fill a small room or large closet.

Tim

15. snow 57

snow 57 Junior Member

living aboard

We were live aboard's for 7 years and found it very much to our liking. Some of the shortfalls we found were not having showering facilities, and when we had to work it was sometimes difficult dressing for the office then traveling by dinghy in certain weather conditions. I recommend retiring before you move on board. Our last boat was a10m tri, we are now building a 12m cat and hope it will fulfill our needs better. Boats will always be a compromise in some respects.
    Happy sailing Snow

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.