Beginner needs help with fiberglass panel making

Discussion in 'Materials' started by UniCamper, Dec 18, 2009.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Do so,

and leave the bloody coremat out!!! No need for such stuff in this application, it weakens the impact resistance thats all.

Merry christmas

2. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Senior Member

Yeah ok , you better leave the coremat out of the equation, its quite obvious
    not all people like it. I possibly the only one, happen to like it.:confused: :confused:

Sorry if I have offended anyone with my personal choice of materials.:eek:

Happy Xmas:D :D :D
    J

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

A merry Christmas to you as well Itchy!

It´s not so that I do´nt like it.
    Just senseless to weaken a layup (at extra cost!).
    He is doing a sandwich already, when he glues both skins to the foam. He does not need another "mini sandwich" on the outer skin. And he does not need additional stiffness, but intrusion resistance to some extend.

You did not offend me, and I hope I did not harm you!

Regards
    Richard

4. Itchy&Scratchy

Itchy&Scratchy Senior Member

No problem Richard

I just dont want this forum to descend into a mud slinging match, like it has of late. :(
    Were all here because we like boats and between us Im sure we can all help budding designers and prospective manufacturers with our combined experience.;)
    I have many years working with glass behind me but Ive still got so much to learn.:eek:

regards
    J:D :p :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.