Automating Michlet and running Godzilla

Discussion in 'Software' started by dave.k, Jan 1, 2007.

1. dave.k

dave.k New Member

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with semi-automating Michlet. I am using MatLab to generate a series of hull dimensions that I then import to in.mlt to scale my offsets. I am also using Matlab to launch the michlet.bat file to start michlet. However, I haven't figured out how to write a script or batch file that will tell Mitchlet to calculate the total ship resistance so I can then import the output file back to MatLab. I have many design variables so I have many hull iterations to try and would really like to avoid having to type commands for each variant.

Essentially, I'm trying to brute force an optimization because I have a large design space.

Also, has anyone had any luck getting godzilla to work? I can get Michlet to run with my file but not godzilla for some reason. The program either doesn't open at all or opens and closes immediately. I have attached a copy of the godzilla portion of the file in case anyone has the time to look at it.

Attached Files:

2. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

Several years ago I released a "silent" text-only version of Michlet but, unfortunately, some people incorporated it into their own codes and tried to pass it off as their own work. I now only release a graphic version into the public domain.

It is hard to see what the problem is with your input file without seeing the rest of it. Try running it and then look at the out.mlt file. There should be an error message in there that might help you hunt down the problem.

If that doesn't help, email me the entire input file and I'll fix it up for you.

All the best for 2007!
    Leo.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.