Are You Personally Prepared For a Natural Disaster?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Submarine Tom, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boat Design Net Moderator

Boat Design Net Moderator Moderator

Here is a list of other forums where religious topics and debate (or ridicule, depending on your interest) would be welcome:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=religion forum

2. Boston

Boston Previous Member

I believe thats a no Frosty ;-)

3. WestVanHan

WestVanHan Not a Senior Member

Actually you are almost all wrong there Frosty on all 3 points....

4. Boat Design Net Moderator

I'm sure you can find forums dedicated to any political preference or particular religion you seek to debate or argue and enjoy hours debating there. As this site is dedicated to boat design and boatbuilding, boats and boating, there are hundreds of sites dedicated to politics and religion. Thanks.

Again, here is a list of other forums where political topics, jabs, and politicing would be welcome:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=politics forum

And here is a list of other forums where religious preaching, debate, jabs, or ridicule would be welcome:

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I would have difficulty preparing for a disaster as I have other considerations to worry about that I cant talk about. There are many people like me who are afraid of people like them and that would make a big difference in what I would do and how It would affect any contact with them!!!

'They' can think in different ways to me and I can not allow that to affect the safety of my family. This would make any considerations in this direction to include this.

Solitude would be the only way for instance I would not consider the ******** of a place of worship more important than a house of security for myself.

I know that I would not agree.

Its a shame the world is like this, but it is.

6. Yobarnacle

Yobarnacle Senior Member holding true course

Why do you say the Australian dollar is DOWN?
    For many recent months it's been practically equal to US dollar.
    I keep a currency watcher on my desktop. For MXN Pesos.
    Says this actual minute AUD 1.015 to 1$ US. One and half penny behind.
    Did I miss a recent HIGHER value?
    Or is the US $ falling the same amount as AUD?

7. Yobarnacle

AUD increasing in value.
    Now 1.013

Currency values change minute to minute.
    Search for windows gadgets or Google gadgets or Yahoo gadgets.
    All have currency watchers. :)

8. Boston

Boston Previous Member

you guys seem hell bent on disrespecting our host here so I'm out of this thread, I'll check back to see if anything on topic eventually gets posted but really its pretty damn ugly when a group of presumably adults can't show a little respect for the forum and its intent.

Get a life people, I'm watching movies with the neighbors and they're bugging me to get back to mine. Leave off the religion the stalking and the off topic nonsense.

Cheers
    B

9. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Trying to express an opinion is not a lack of respect Boston and to be honest I dont like the inference that I am trying to do so, and when were you appointed the bouncer.

I'snt it nice when the kids go to bed and you can have a proper conversation.

I could not live in a country like that , I like freedom.

Why do Americans ask for the bath room when they mean toilet, some cant even say that they say rest room,-- give me a break.

White man speak with forked tounge.

10. Boat Design Net Moderator

I'm sure if you wish to jab at people or engage in debate over politics or religion, you are more than able to find a good forum to do so. There are hundreds of sites that exist expressly for these very purposes already. Thanks for your understanding.

11. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Jeff we are grown men, we F and blind during normal course of conversation, here we do not.
    Do you really think educated men passionate about there work or past cant talk without getting heated.

Global warming thread was closed unnecessarily.

Some here are intelligent sucessfull buisness men they work hard play hard and talk hard.

Its those people who carry a conversation, which is all a forum is .--A place of conversation.

12. Boat Design Net Moderator

Please take the religious and political jabs elsewhere.

The purpose of boatdesign.net is first and foremost to be a place to discuss boat design and boatbuilding, and secondarily all things boats and boating. If your interest is insulting people or jabbing at someone over religion or politics, the Internet is a huge place and you can find a better place to enjoy yourself doing this.
    Thanks.

Again, here is a list of other forums where political topics, jabs, and politicing would be welcome:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=politics forum

And here is a list of other forums where religious preaching, debate, jabs, or ridicule would be welcome:

13. Yobarnacle

Being prepared for disaster includes preparing for the unknown. Eventually trade will be necessary. Most folks can't stockpile every item they 'MIGHT' need. And it's likely, they will FORGET something, they will later discover is important. Cash may have zero value.
    Boat repair supplies may be very valuable as trade goods, if lots of folks seek remote seclusion by water.
    So which resin has the longest shelf life?

14. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

I was talking about the GB thread the biggest most popular thread on your forum, you just closed it.

I think my post are being passed to an automated answer machine. It is 3 am in USA.

15. Boat Design Net Moderator

Frosty, you yourself said in the Global Warming thread that was closed
    I'm afraid after running for hundreds of pages, little if any new insight was developing, and very little that was relevant to boat design, boatbuilding, or boating in general once people started only jabbing at eachother in that thread. Sometimes threads have run their course.

The bottom line is that if you have a desire to insult other people or throw around jabs about politics or religion, please take it elsewhere.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.