Anybody know of Classic Swedish Sailboat Royal Viking 26'?

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by MacGyver, Mar 12, 2004.

1. MacGyver

MacGyver SoCalBigMac

I have a Swedish made sailboat named Royal Viking 26'9" LOA and need any info on these boats. It looks like a smaller Kettenburg K38 with a transom rudder. Supposedly 9000lbs dry.
    Any info helps, supposedly made in engberg bay, sweden? :rolleyes:

2. ErikG

ErikG Senior Member

Well er no but...

I'll pop the question in a sedish forum and see in any suggestions pops up.

Good luck

3. Gunk

Gunk New Member

Swedish sailboat

I ran across a "King's Cruisers" in Wisconsin, USA, built in Sweden -- about 28 ft. long, I believe. I think it was and may still be for sale at Larson Marine, Waukegan, IL. Any chance that's what you're looking for?
    Gunk

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  4. BSTinMaui

BSTinMaui Guest

Royal Viking-in So. Cal

Aloha, I had a '64 Royal Viking in Long Beach in early 90's. Sold the boat to a guy who owned an auto repair shop in Sant Ana. They are great boats built solid with classic lines. It had a 2cyl Volvo md-2 diesel engine. What do you want to know specifically?

5. Milton Thrasher

Milton Thrasher Amateur boat builder

There is a fiberglass Swedish "Viking" Class boat at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron in
    Sarasota, FL. It is currently in the work area ready to be painted. I could post
    some digital photos of it if desired.

There are many Vikings in San Francisco Bay that race off the St. Francis YC.

6. MacGyver

MacGyver SoCalBigMac

I think that I met the guy! He walked along the promenade above my boat and asked me, "Is that a Royal Viking?"
    I said YES! Come Aboard! He said that he had his friend sail his to Hawaii and got dismasted along the way! Know anything about that?? Said that his forestay footing screws came out and down it went? He said that they had a massive stainless piece made for the forestay.

7. MacGyver

MacGyver SoCalBigMac

Viking or Royal Viking?

The Viking is a 29 ft version of my 26ft boat, so I am told. The Royal Viking was the smaller version. There were only 28 RV26 made and I have Hull 26, Hull 27, 28 sit in the Helsinki area, side by side, They are owned by 2 friends, one speaking english (nice, knowledgable guy) in his email back to me with some specifics.

8. MacGyver

MacGyver SoCalBigMac

King's Cruiser-Royal Viking same same

That's really funny, I saw a Royal Viking - King's cruiser for sale on ebay (in LA) and it was my boat. I wonder if it was MSTinMaui's old boat?
    Ther were only supposed to be three sailed to the West Coast of the orig 28 made.

9. lorell

lorell New Member

Roayl Viking

I have a 1962 Royal Viking. It is in San Diego. My # is 619-252-0347. I have some info.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.