any good jobs out there?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by rawleyjerel@yah, May 4, 2012.

1. rawleyjerel@yah

rawleyjerel@yah Junior Member

hi my name is jerry ive been a laminator/boat builder for 20 years in my career ive built many different boats,yachts,car parts,a submarine,and a plane. i am currently out of work due to lack of work! i was wondering if anyone knew of a good job out there?? i am very knowledgeable of all aspects of boat building including scrimp/infusions and prepreg fiberglass. mold making service work gel repairs and buffing/fairing. if anyone knows of a good lamination job out there please let me know!! my email is my user name so please feel free to contact me.

2. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

Jerry, As you may already know Sarasota,Florida and Tampa....or Fort Lauderdale area on East coast are perrenial places to find boat-building jobs in Fiberglass...things seem to be picking up around here again,Chris-craft is hiring(the former Donzi plant) the old plant in Sarasota closed 3-4 years ago. Wellcraft left Bradenton 3-4 years ago too...but there is still a fair bit going on by the Airport here (Chris-craft)...If I were you I'd keep doing research in the traditional boat-building areas...North Carolina has been a good place I think too as it is cheap for builders there and the whole NE market is a a short truck-haul away to the north...good luck!

3. CatBuilder

CatBuilder Previous Member

And North Florida as well... I don't know if my job is a "good" job, but it's pretty easy going.

What part of the country are you in?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.