Americans are the world leaders in high speed boat safety

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by FranklinRatliff, Nov 9, 2011.

1. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Actually, I believe the Indians invented Algebra (I was wrong it was the Babylonians) too but the Arabs(They did advance it) took the credit. I'll try to find more on that question.

http://www.thegeminigeek.com/who-invented-algebra/

"The origins of algebra can be traced back to the Babylonians. The Babylonians knew how to deal with cubic and quadratic equations and some other basic concepts of algebra."

2. FranklinRatliff

FranklinRatliff Previous Member

The Don Schumacher drag racing team has been experimenting with a Top Fuel dragster fitted with a James Brendel capsule derived from his marine designs.

After the rash of fatalities in the recent Key West offshore race, it might be time to consider individual cockpits instead of one big canopy.

3. cyclops2

cyclops2 Senior Member

Do we include?

The 2 offshore boats crashed last weekend during a race ?

4. FranklinRatliff

Correct.

5. cyclops2

cyclops2 Senior Member

I did a search on the web of.

Hydroplane crashes 2011

Offshore raceboat crashes 2011

SAFE ??? Worse injures & death rate per hour than in a war zone on active duty.

Do a LITTLE negative reasearch.

Skipping rope in front of prop plane is more dangerous than a + 200 mph race boat. If ALL the boats in each race were running up to full power the races would be called Death Wish or Russian Roulette regattas.

6. FranklinRatliff

Nobody died in 2011 in Unlimited hydroplanes, despite accidents like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMS1cChT80

There are also videos of Top Fuel drag boat crashes on Youtube that will help you understand what you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc4tMvI2XjM

7. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

They are also world leaders in Hi speed bull dust as well !! what a fruit cake !!:D

8. FranklinRatliff

Another irrelevant nontechnical fact-free response. What a surprise.

Here's a thought. Maybe you can't accept the world is simply leaving you behind.

9. Jeremy Harris

Jeremy Harris Senior Member

Folks, a word to the wise. Use a search engine and type in the terms "propster" "Franklin" and "Ratliff"

Sit back and read some of the other speed-related forums where this character hangs out. It won't come as a surprise to some to find he causes ill-feeling pretty much everywhere he goes. Seems to be one of those guys who gets off on being obnoxious, behind the relative anonymity of a keyboard.

Still, he has actually built something. See what you guys think of this bit of cutting edge design:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. FranklinRatliff

This "character" is an independent thinker, which is more than I can say for you.

There was ten years ago and my first effort at building something. Plus I built what I could afford to build not what I wanted to build.

11. Jeremy Harris

Jeremy Harris Senior Member

No need for me to rebuff this remark. Others have seen things I've done and can form their own opinion.

12. FranklinRatliff

We've seen how you talk. That's all anyone needs to know.

13. wet feet

wet feet Senior Member

A bit more about the safety cell here: http://www.fastonwater.co.uk/hodges.html .It may be worth remebering that Tom Percival was sponsored by John Player Special for a long while.Maybe this was why Chris Hodges was able to consult extensively with the similarly sponsored Team Lotus on the topic of carbon monocoques.

This will be my last comment on the topic and I hope it will be useful to enquiring minds.

14. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

I came here to where the action is in the world , Left behind ? dont think so !!:D
    Get over you ego problem mate !!

15. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Formula 1 fans will view this as heresy, but after over 25 years in the auto industry, first in research, then in advanced engineering and finally product engineer, I'm very skeptical of how much F1 and other forms of auto racing have actually contributed recently to today's automobiles.