Aluminum sailboat designs under 30ft.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Vineet, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Vineet

Vineet New Member

I am looking for full keel, heavier displacement aluminum sailboat designs that are under 30'. Does anybody here know of anything like that? The only one I have seen is Tom Macnaughton's Silver Penny, which is a design I am very fond of. I do want to find other possibilities as comparisons.
    Silver Penny 25 http://www.macnaughtongroup.com/silver_penny_25.htm

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

3. goodwilltoall

goodwilltoall Senior Member

Douglass Pollard built Bolger's "Wolftrap", 30'-0" x 10'-11" x appro. 2'-6" draft. Full keel. Cruised extensively world wide for many years w his wife. Had only excellent remarks re: using aluminum rather than steel, the sailing speed and sailing qualities.

4. goodwilltoall

goodwilltoall Senior Member

Wolftrap was written about in "30 Boats" 20210426_143449.jpg 20210426_143433.jpg
    Very safe boat which is partly due to the low hdrm but a deck house could b added which would slightly change its wind age profile.
    Love the low draft and aluminum build

bajansailor likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.