aluminum panga

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by ccrider, Jun 9, 2006.

1. ccrider

ccrider New Member

Hi everyone I am new to the forum.
    I want to build a panga style boat similar to the merc panga built by angler, but I want to build it of aluminum. A friend of mine has one of the anglers and it rides great and gets excellent fuel economy. Power will probably be outboards, yanmar diesel if I can get them. Does any one know of a design or a designer that can get the design on a disk for automated cutting. I want to get the metal cut in the US and shipped flat to save on shipping. Thanks in advance for your help.:confused:

2. Arlon

Arlon "Got Panga?"

there is an aluminum "panga"/longboat I found on an australian fishing forum. (ausfish.com). There is a picture of it on our panga group on yahoo. Might nose around there too. The Angler Panga (pangler for short) is a nice riding hull. Seems like a natural for aluminum but getting the bottom right might be a real challenge. The reverse chines and variable deadrise and lifting strakes would be hard to duplicate in aluminum. The boats new on a trailer can be had for around $30k with a t-top and outboard. Probably cost more than that to do one in aluminum unless you have a metal fab shop in the back yard..

Check out the panga group: look at the last page of the photo album "Arlon"
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/panga_style_boats

[​IMG]

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.