Aluminum boat design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Alexmach1, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Alexmach1

Alexmach1 Junior Member

bajansailor likes this.
  2. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Hello, @Alexmach1 , welcome to the forum.
    The first of the boats seems very nice to me, a frankly attractive design. Congratulations.
    The second one is also nice, although more traditional, and with some details of the structure that it would be interesting to find out the "why" and the "how"

3. Alexmach1

Alexmach1 Junior Member

Thanks, the second boat that in a screenshot is the first version of Volzhanka(Now it's Vboats) Voyager 960 which was at the boat show in Dusseldorf in 2019.
    It is difficult to explain in general terms why and how, you need to focus on something, you know.

[​IMG]

4. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Yes I know, but since I can only make assumptions, I don't think I should go into more detail, I don't have enough information to explain anything to myself. However, and just as an example, I will say that I was surprised to see these "U" shaped reinforcements, multiplying by two the necessary welding in each case. Surely there is a "because..." that I am not able to guess.
    Thank you for your attention, nice photos, when it comes to metal hulls, you have achieved beautiful shapes.

5. Alexmach1

Alexmach1 Junior Member

These "U" frames were only on the prototype, for the sake of experiment, the design turned out with an excess of strength and was simplified later.
    There is another interesting thing that is not visible in the picture, these frames were not welded to the lowest sheet of the bottom.

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

What mission did they have, then, in the structure? If they weren't welded what were they used for?.
    A nice but "strange" boat.

7. Alexmach1

Alexmach1 Junior Member

They were welded only to keelsons. You see, if they were also welded to the bottom, the metal would be sucked in by kind of segmented squares, which is not good. So) Only to keelsons.

8. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I understand perfectly, that is why I have described this boat as strange, because what we see in the photos is not good (it is very bad) from the constructive point of view.

9. Alexmach1

Alexmach1 Junior Member

In real life it was superduty in case of power hull.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    TANSL likes this.

10. Alexmach1

Alexmach1 Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.