a little advice

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by JamesW, Apr 28, 2008.

1. JamesW

JamesW New Member

Hi, I'm new to posting but I have "lurked "for awhile. Wonder if you folks could give me some direction. I'm looking for plans for a small, (12-14 foot) boat. Nail and glue construction, no epoxy, trailerable, plywood, gaff rigged, (just 'cause I like the look), and does NOT plane. I don't care if it has the performance of an oil tanker, I like cruising low and slow. I don't enjoy leaning out over the gunwales all the time to keep from capsizing or the feeling of skipping across the top of the water. I want to spend my time sitting in the cockpit taking it easy and enjoying the ride, and I'm in no hurry to get anywhere. I've built 3 kayaks and one small sailboat, and I'd put my sailing experience betwixt beginner and medium. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Contact me by email (click on my name) I have just the boat you're looking for. It's plywood over frames, screwed together with most materials that can be had at Lowe's/Depot. It's a classic looking gaff sloop, very stable and not going to plane off without 30 MPH winds on your stern. The build is easy, relatively fast and there is plenty of stowage for a cooler full of beer, which you can enjoy as you take in the view.