A-Class Cats about to ban fully flying foils?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Chris Ostlind, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rayaldridge

rayaldridge Senior Member

Not getting it, Chris.

In your first post you said flying boats would "just will not be of any experienced benefit at all."

Then later you said: "If the current A-Cat fleet were to be obsoleted by the need to jump in with a full foiling cat in order to remain competitive..."

I can't see how both these statements could be true. To put it another way, why would anyone spend thousands of dollars to not win? Or, yet another way: if the flying boats are faster and would "obsolete" the A-cat fleet, how is winning not an "experienced benefit?"

I think you need to pick one argument or the other. Either the flying boats are faster and might make obsolete an elegant and vigorous class, or they aren't faster, so there isn't much point in banning them.

I personally find foilers uninteresting. But if others do, more power to them. We're all here to have a good time, and I would never criticize someone for an interest in foilers. It's none of my business.

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Dave Carlsons A flying

Done a long time ago:

Attached Files:

3. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

And in that configuration, it's no longer an A-Cat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.