Who makes F18 Masts?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by jedkins, Jan 4, 2007.

1. jedkins

jedkins Junior Member

Would anyone know a spar manufacturer that makes F18 masts?. (eg , Hobie Tiger, Nacra etc)

I realise I can buy a Tiger or Nacra mast from Hobie or Nacra but that is not exactly what I want.

Would anyone know the name of the actual spa maker.? I have heard that Hobie USA get their masts from a spar maker in California but I have been unable to locate a name or address. Thanks for any help

2. SweBlueBox

SweBlueBox New Member

Hi.
    http://www.marstrom.com/ produce HiQ carbon masts for boats comparable to the F18. Perhaps they have thoughts on the F18 too? No loss asking!

/T

3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Try Composite Spars & tubes in Kurnell, Australia, they may have something to suit.Regards from Jeff.

4. Erwan

Erwan Senior Member

Hi Jedkins,
    For formulas 18, the Australian Capricorn rig has triggered some research in France. As a result, the Hobie Tiger designer, who has currently a new hull design, as an evolution of the Tiger, investigated rig issue and made aspecial mast section which seems to be the best trade off between lateral and longitudinal stifness. I know that this new mast section is currently used by other F 18 builder like Boulogne catamaran.

Here is is fax number, but he might no answer you or send your name to the mast builder, which is AluCarbon I guess.

ALADO CAT: 00 33 (0)2 97 55 27 81

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.