A 45ft highspeed boat design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by benyachts, Jan 1, 2013.

1. HakimKlunker

HakimKlunker Andreas der Juengere

The 'John C. Stennis' has an impressive launch system that can be used here.
    Michael, I wonder how you would handle a gangway plank. :)

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

A boat like the one pictured is very high sided. when alongside the dock , guests will have to climb aboard ,after a night at the disco, with a rope pilot ladder

http://[​IMG]

The boat pictured is a bit small. For stern too, I would attempt to mount a retractable hydraulic gangway on the port side corner of the transom so that it could be used for stern too mooring and when the gangway is pivoted 45 degrees , suitable for alongside mooring. This gangway would also be used as a jet ski, lightweight tender crane.

If the swim platform is suitably designed a " pop up " hydraulic single stage gangway , embedded flush into the swim platform, could be used. This system is popular with Italian 50ft motor yachts.

3. benyachts

benyachts Junior Member

Thank you,sorry,chinese website now,my blog,maybe you can see the pictures first.
    http://scutxuhb.blog.163.com

4. michael pierzga

Your "River Boat" "House boat" concept is interesting. Would be worthwhile to refine it. Very many rivers in the world.

http://[​IMG]

5. benyachts

benyachts Junior Member

Thanks,Do you mean [​IMG] and [​IMG]

6. michael pierzga

I like both of them.. Riverboat, Canal Boat, lake boat design is neglected by yacht designers. A very good type of boat for wealthy clients who live inland and would like a weekend getaway on the water .

7. quequen

quequen Senior Member

benyachts, after seeing your blog, and assuming you have made all that job by yourself, let me say that, from a "design" point of view, you know what you are talking about (althought not all your work is to my liking).
    Just pay attention to the criticism here, this guys really know what they are talking too. A lot can be learned in this forum, my own experience...;)

Attached the (fantastic!) Alik paper in .pdf It's a great framing situation
    (hope I'm not infringing any copyright here... the standard free downloadable version needs an active internet connection)

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.