95 Ft. Yacht Construction

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Barron, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Barron

Barron Junior Member

Boston,

I agree 100% with your comments, but I already did that !! The first guy looked like his name was Chester, I thought he was looking at my A$$, so I moved on !

2. Barron

Barron Junior Member

Good eye guys !! Paperwork states 95 Tons and it does need work but I can do most of it myself.

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

What did you expect? Half of the replies were made by pro´s.
    Thats valid for the upper deck comments too!

4. Barron

Barron Junior Member

Honestly, i didnt expect anything. But you guys were dead on, the work to be done is not excessive. However the construction is another thing.

5. Boston

Boston Previous Member

my ex on this site is that these guys know there biz better than most
    hang out and learn before you build
    its what Im up to
    best
    B

6. MikeJohns

MikeJohns Senior Member

Before you design anything or choose materials you need some more information. Presumably there is some stability info with those papers, cross curves maybe a stability book ? I would also try and find the designer who will have much more detailed information.

You list 51 tons ballast is this when she is in ballast i.e. ballast tanks full?
    Between permanent ballasting and adding upper-works you can juggle stability within the requirements for the chosen area of operation and whatever restrictions your authorities will impose.

If there are any plans extant then considering that it's a chined vessel it is easy to take the lines off the plans for importing into CAD and intact static stability calcs.

If there is enough info in the stability book to carry heavy deck cargo then you are already there.

Look long and hard at the machinery too.

Cheers

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.