89 Bayliner Floor Replacement

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by KevinOrtega, Jun 17, 2004.

1. KevinOrtega

KevinOrtega New Member

Hello All,

I got a 89 Bayliner last year and getting it cleaned up this year and found the floor is really soft in places, wanting to replace it had an estimate of $1500.00 and want to try this myself, any suggestions would be helpful, very NEW to this. I have read alot of other replies so I thought I would give it a shot.

Kevin

2. Redneck2

Redneck2 New Member

With no experience working with fiberglass I would recomment you find a good glass man and pay the $1500.00.

You will save yourself much grief. Make terms of payment..progress payment with final 10% due upon owners acceptance.

3. JR-Shine

JR-Shine SHINE

Putting $1500 into a Bayliner :eek:

If the rot has not reached the stringers and bulkheads, you can do it yourself with not much problem. Use a decent grade of marine plywood and make sure you epoxy it all together. It shouldn’t cost too much, probably less than $500. We have all the materials you would need.

Joel
    boatbuildercentral.com