3D Surface Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by lazza, Jun 5, 2005.

1. lazza

lazza New Member

Custom Knifemaker with CNC capability looking for tutorial help...have MasterCAM, Solidworks, Rhino and some modeling experience...
    Problem...I'm cutting 3D knife handles and am looking for more organic shapes...cannot seem to get what I'm after...close but no cigar...willing to pay for some tips and spiritual guidance...help...I'm losing sleep farting around with this...thanks...lazza

2. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

try moving the surfaces around by their control points. Even better, look into the way that surfaces are made (mathmatically) and you'll get a good feel for what you're working with. I doubt you need to look at more than the B-Spline theory to illustrate the main ideas behind what you want to do.

Tim B.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.