Tanton: 48' Strongall Trawler
The 48'6" Strongall Trawler is a solution in the direction of a more silent, efficient and strong Power/Sail assisted yacht. Characteristically, like the smaller 12m "Tameta":
- the deep-V hull forward with strong deadrise aft provide a sea-kindly ride in the toughest of conditions.
- the shallow 3-point landing offers protection to rudder and propellers.
- twin keels give reasonable performance for the motor-sailer rig to get home securely
- the hull shape with two efficient sail-drive engines will drive the boat well above the speed usually associated with trawlers, while providing additional fuel economy provided by the sails.
- the interior is divided into three parts for comfort, with several possibilities in the arrangement. The aft cockpit over well-placed engine access is convenient and isolates the interior.
- the strength of an aluminum Strongall hull is unparalleled.
Posted by: Tanton - website: http://tantonyachtdesign.blogspot.com