What to buy

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by becky, Mar 16, 2004.

1. becky

becky New Member

Hi All, Our family is just getting into boating and are looking for kind of an "all-purpose" boat that would get the kids out of the water quickly as they learn to ski and that would be good for hanging around in too. Everyone we know - including many who have never owned a boat - has an opinion. I'm hearing deck boat from some and pontoon from others. At the boat show they were really pushing the jet boats rather than the traditional prop boat. I like the safety issue there. I'm also interested in opinions on the hull shape. Any advice? Recommended manufacturrs? Thanks.

2. guest

guest Guest

3. becky

becky New Member

Looking higher than entry level

Thanks for resommending the sites. The second article was helpful, but we are looking at, I think, a higher end boat. I'm hearing Larson, Chaparral, Crown Line and Ess Tide. Any opinions? Thanks, Karen

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.