Semi-custom steel or alum. hull builders?

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by nappel, Oct 28, 2007.

1. nappel

nappel New Member

Hi. I am keen to have a 65-80ft steel or alum. hull motorboat built in Europe. Any suggestions on reputable yards/designers?

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

search in this forum, the name of windvang, he is a good sailer designer in Holland
    Or you can Im me, I am looking to start yard in Turkey, had yard in NZ, but labour rates beat me

3. mastcolin

mastcolin Senior Member

Holland would be good place to start looking. Plenty of builders in aluminium and steel (or both if you wish steel hull with alloy superstructure)

Builders range from modern looking to classic. Price varies greatly as you'd imagine depending on what you exactly want

Kuipers build in alloy, Van Dam Nordia are starting MY range after being predominantly sail. Jongert also. Volharding are another name. Bloemsma and Van Bremen. These are just people I've worked with.

Your question is very open.

Speak with Vripack. They do everything from design to management of build.

Best of luck.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.