Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 06-09-2011, 02:25 PM
aka Angel (only by name)

Rep: 1632 Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by redreuben View Post

Does anyone on here have the language to post a plans wanted post on European forums ? Please !
RR
English for the UK countries, for the other countries their own language. If you don't speak that then write in English and apologize for not speaking their language and ask if you can ask your question in English, then ask the question (and you could ask if someone would perhaps so kind to translate it for the other readers). Big chance you get help and / or a discussion in English about the matter at hand. Be careful with translation sites as they make funny and incomprehensible mistakes with the used boating and building jargon.

Good Luck..!!
Angel
Old 06-09-2011, 04:58 PM
aka Angel (only by name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HASYB View Post

I emailed the owner a few weeks ago that I was interested in the boat and also telling him about this thread.
No reaction yet.
To my knowledge the tri is located in Andijk, the Netherlands (google earth)

Cheers
Hielan
Maybe try the phone or the different e-mail adress in the quote below, perhaps that one is more responsive...

So you could try to buy the boat and / or ask if the owner still has the plans, please let us know . .

Info so far, she's German owned and kept in Andijk in Holland, right Hielan

Found this on the site of a German multihull club:
Quote:
Google automatic translation:
----------------------------

B *8, Sail no. 27, L.C., design, I modified construction sometime in 1977 tinkered, on weekends and after work, launched in 1982, driving the IJsselmeer area so far, Dutch. + Frisian Wadden Sea, Baltic Sea, North Sea.

Traditionally built in wood / plywood frames + Stringer Sequoya, waterproof glued plywood, 10 + 6 mm, coated with 450 mat and polyester resin. Standing rigging 6 or 7 mm stainless steel, aluminum spars, sails from Dutch. Sailmaker, Spi 100 sqm, Genoa 32 sqm, 24 sqm Fock, Storm 8 sqm, 24 sqm large, Boom cover (DM 5000), still original equipment, including rigging, although a 0.5 times abgemastet Bft for breaking at upper forestay attachment . Forestay increased to 7 mm and toggle in the upper area. Sails are worn by UV radiation protection in spite of constantly battered sails (jib, large).

Why a trailerable trimaran?

Family's cottage on the North Sea coast in the NL. On the beach vorbeisegelnde boats were longing to grow your own boat. Open dinghy was not of woman for 2 small children accepted (at sea You and me at the beach !!!). Quick to cabin cruisers do not inexpensive. The homemade alternative was always more powerful. Flirted with Jim Brown Searunner it were then the B by L.C., of ​​the 24 seemed too small, so the 28 that have converted into a flush deck with shut down cockpit seats, brought beds (5-6) and a cozy U-bed.

City HD, available within 800 km all districts. Assembly and disassembly times of arrival and departure eat max. 5 shorter days and long holidays reservation over open water in adverse circumstances.

A permanent berth in Andijk + maintenance just before the season in Holland (weather permitting): This idea was. Trips generally faster than boats former conception. Max Speed ​​kurfristig 18 knts (no rudder control action, with Great) over long regions 16 knts of it entirely.

Sister ship, also has modified homemade, Adriatic and Mediterranean experience.

Questions about this about 30 years to crack the best: breypohl (at) gmx (dot) de

--------------------
Original German text:
--------------------

B *8, Sail-Nr. 27, Design L.C., von mir modifiziert, Baubeginn irgendwann 1977 , an Wochenenden und nach Feierabend gebastelt, Stapellauf 1982, Fahrgebiet bisher Ijsselmeer, niederl. + friesische Watten, Ostsee , Nordsee.

Gebaut herkömmlich in Holz / Sperrholz, Spanten +Stringer Sequoya, wasserfest verleimtes Sperrholz, 10 + 6 mm, beschichtet mit 450er Matte und Polyester-Harz. Stehendes Gut 6 bzw. 7 mm VA, Alu Rigg, Segel von niederl. Segelmacher, Spi 100 qm, Genua 32 qm, Fock 24 qm, Sturmfock 8 qm, Groß 24 qm, Baumpersenning (DM 5000), noch immer Erstausstattung, auch Rigg , obwohl 1 mal abgemastet bei 0,5 Bft wegen Bruch Vorstag an oberer Befestigung. Vorstag verstärkt auf 7 mm und Toggle auch im oberen Bereich. Segel zeigen Verschleiß durch UV-Einstrahlung trotz Schutzes bei ständig angeschlagenen Segeln ( Rollfock,Groß).

Warum ein trailerbarer Trimaran?

Familie hatte Ferienhaus an Nordseeküste in NL. Am Strand vorbeisegelnde Boote ließen Sehnsucht nach eigenem Boot wachsen. Offene Jolle wurde von Frau wegen 2 Kleinkindern nicht akzeptiert (Du auf See und ich am Strand!!!). Schnelle Kajütboote nicht preisgünstig zu haben. Die Alternative Eigenbau wurde immer übermächtiger. Geliebäugelt mit Jim Browns Searunner wurden es dann die B von L.C., der 24er schien zu klein, daher der 28er, den noch umgebaut als Flushdecker mit heruntergelegten Sitzduchten; brachte Schlafplätze (5-6) und ein gemütliches U-Sofa.

Wohnort HD, im Umkreis 800 km alle Reviere erreichbar. Auf- und Abbauzeiten mit An- und Abreise fressen max. 5 Urlaubstage und verkürzen lange Anreisen über offenes Wasser bei widrigen Umständen.

Aus dieser Idee wurden:Ein fester Liegeplatz in Andijk + Instandhaltungsarbeiten kurz vor der Saison in Holland (wenn das Wetter mitspielt). Fahrten grundsätzlich schneller als Boote damaliger Konzeption. Max Speed kurfristig 18 knts (keine Ruderwirkung, steuern mit Groß) über längere Bereiche 16 knts durchaus drin.

Schwesterboot, ebenfalls modifizierter Eigenbau, hat Adria- und Mittelmeer-Erfahrungen.

Fragen nach diesem ca. 30jährigen Riß am besten an: breypohl (at) gmx (dot) de
So the original builder has the boat for sale, big change he still has the plans . .

OS7, any results from this yet . .

Good Luck..!!
Angel

Last edited by Angélique : 06-13-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: replaced broken translation link
Old 06-09-2011, 05:53 PM
aka Angel (only by name)

Manfred are you reading here..?? Can you assist with a phone call or an e-mail if the vendor only speaks German and if that's the problem to get the info . . ? ?

If no responce here then sent him an PM and ask for his help if needed.

My German is not good enough for this but Franziska and Michel, mentioned in post #57, could also be asked.

Good Luck..!!
Angel
Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 AM

Rep: 143 Posts: 310
redreuben, Angel,

I'll put an ad in the CTC magazine for plans (Dutch)
Yesterday I left a message on his answering machine, the dutch one, and will send him another email.
Monday I might be able to go to Andijk and have a look.

Cheers,

Hielan
Old 06-10-2011, 03:00 AM

Good News!!!

The owner just contacted me and said the plans are there, very old but restorable!!!!!
waiting for contact with his son who lives in The Netherlands to make an appointment.

Cheers,

Hielan
Old 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
aka Angel (only by name)

Seems to be a right track Hielan.... hopefully you'll find a nice boat in Andijk that suits you well and a set of building plans for the other fans.... keep us informed and post some pics please . .

Good Luck..!!
Angel
Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 PM

Rep: 436 Posts: 2,097
Good news indeed.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:53 AM

Well, I visited the boat yesterday and found her in a reasonable state and heavyly modified (plus +/- 600kg according to the owners son). Raised deck from the bow and protrusion actually leads to a very nice accomodation for a 28ft tri.
She is well build but could do with a major overhaul. Floats need some parts in the sides of hulls replaced and new decks. Good custom trailer.
Pics later.

OS7 can you pm me?

Cheers,

Hielan

Last edited by HASYB : 06-14-2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 06-16-2011, 10:38 AM
redreuben

Rep: 349 Posts: 1,468
Awesome news, WAHOO !
RR
Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 AM

With Hielans help I contacted Hans (the owner) and he said the plans have been altered but are restorable. He said he needed to wait until August to get his act together, so you guys will have to hold your breaths for a while.
Keep your fingers crossed. OS7.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:48 AM
aka Angel (only by name)

Just for info...

The 'March 6, 2007' quote in post #62 was not found under ‘‘Markt’’ (Market), but was listed under ‘‘Berichte Boote’’ (Boat Reports) --> scroll down to --> ‘‘Erfahrungsberichte’’ (User Reviews)

Cheers,
Angel
Old 08-08-2011, 10:33 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 49
Update

Well august is upon us, any news on the plans

High Priest of the first church of David J Gingery
http://www.lindsaybks.com/dgjp/index.html

Chancellor for the cult of backyard foundrist's
http://www.backyardmetalcasting.com/
Old 08-08-2011, 11:10 PM

I am getting on to it Charles.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 7
Count me in, too.

I built the yellow Marples/Brown Seaclipper 28 "Three Hands Clapping". (You can see her in the photos section of the Yahoo multihull builders site.) I'd like to buy Buc 28 plans when they come available. It's amazing to me that it has been this much trouble to find even one set of useable plans! Keep up the good work.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:35 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 7
B word?

Is my previous post a problem due to the search engine issue outlined in post #'s 33-35? If so, my apology, and what's the correct lingo?