Your wood of choice..

Discussion in 'Materials' started by JLIMA, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Franklins

Franklins Junior Member

one nice thing is I dont have to worry to much about rot since I keep my boat in my shop except when I go fishing. One thing I learned with my first boat was leave alot of air ways under my floors and as soon as I get home from a weekend of fishing or from a tournament I turn a fan on in the back of the boat under the floors and let it blow air . I got home last sunday from the St Clair river last weekend and my fan is still blowing air tonight making sure the hull stays dry. I also coat every peace of wood with epoxy when it is built.
    I am thinking of ways to cut back on weight though and with fans in the hull I may not need to use so much epoxy. On my last boat I think it was about 20 gal I used. I have light wait on the brain now since I want my next boat to run up in the high 70s. Balance speed and motor is the facter in race hulls and I want to take this boat to alittle higher leavel.
    It is nice heiring other peoples thoughs like you guys. This can realy help me with my next boat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.