How much for a redesign

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by JoseSanchez, May 16, 2006.

1. JoseSanchez

JoseSanchez Junior Member

Im thinking of having an older sport fisher design updated to modern standards. About how much would this cost me? Any ideas??

Thanks
    Jose

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

What's the boat like? And what do you mean by 'updated'? Are you talking about retrofitting an existing boat with 21st-century technology? If so, some photos and data (construction, vintage, etc) would help.

3. JoseSanchez

JoseSanchez Junior Member

Clarification

Hmm after re reading my post its not clear at all. Sorry.. I need a Naval Architect to redesign an 80's vintage sport fisher. I have the plans on paper and I want to lose the 80's look. Change the lines some, the interior some, but generally keep the design similar. Just an updated version.. Its fiberglass, 40ft. Im wondering about how much it might cost. Might or might not be worth it. Anyone know prices roughly?

Thanks.
    Jose

4. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Just a guess but I'd say you'd be into the $2k minimum range for a complete design. Probably much more.

5. ars-technica

ars-technica Naval Architect

What is the budget? and what do you think for thos budget...
    a designer can do everithing...but if you need executive drawings of all i think you go out of budget.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.