What news Christian Bach ?

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Bergalia, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Anyone out there have news of the 'Christian Bach' - a Baltic Trader built in the 1950's. I last saw her in the Caledonian Basin at Inverness in 1978 where she was having a total refit for 'gin cruising'. I spent about three months chipping hardened cement sacks from her bilges (final cargo which had become waterlogged.)
    Soon after she left Inverness I heard she'd had a blanket tacked to the mast for non-payment of debts somewhere in the scarborough (Yorkshire) area. After that no news... Has she resurfaced yet ? :rolleyes:

2. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

No doubt named after a God fearing Welshman?

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

What news Christian Bach - Safewalrus

Nice thought, Safewalrus... But I think more likely after the Little Mermaid man - Hans Christian etc...
    However - and this is a gross deviation from Boat design Forums - though it did take place in Cardiff (which is kind of sea-ish). And it still brings a smile when I think of it.
    A headline in the 'Western Mail' back in the early 70's. The story recorded the death of a local worthy with a 'typical' Welsh name:
    'Boxing Day For Christmas Evans...'

:D

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Get Bach to the subject man! (sorry could't resist it!;)

5. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

It's a thought you know, Walrus, all this 'Welshness'...perhaps she foundered under a surfeit of 'leeks'.....:(

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.