YDS Grads or Practicing Designers (LOOK)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by BGWard, Mar 8, 2007.

1. BGWard

BGWard New Member

Well, first let me say I am brand new to both boatdesign.net forums and the MacNaughton YDS. I have a thread in the education section, but I began to think about it and probably most of the viewers in that area are still working on their degree or are looking for educational opportunities. I am looking for as much information as possible on the YDS School from someone who has either graduated or gotten their start there. I have no complaints and I must say I am quite excited to have begun my own studies at YDS.

To get to the bottom-line, I would simply like to hear report from anyone who is currently an advanced level YDS student or better yet a graduate of the YDS. I would also welcome comments from students who may have started in YDS and are now working as a designer in a firm or on thier own. I simply need to know that this is a path worth pursuing. :)

Regards,
    BGWard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.