yatch design schools???

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by samsingh17, May 24, 2007.

1. samsingh17

samsingh17 New Member

hi there im a student of industrial design studying in india. i would want too know what are the good or the best schools for yatch design around the world...

2. StianM

StianM Senior Member

Italy maybe?

3. grahampace

grahampace Junior Member

are you looking for online courses or full time?

4. samsingh17

samsingh17 New Member

any..

see rite now ive just comleted my firat year have three more years,so after three years i would do like to specalise in yatch design, but if i can get an online course during these three years,i would be able to get a better feel of the course..!so right now i think onlie would do..

5. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Search for Yacht design school in a search engine...there are a few online ones from the Unites States which might work with overseas students

Steve

6. tananaBrian

tananaBrian Junior Member

Westlawn has a professional program (which I attended) that happens to be a distance-learning solution that would fit. BUT, if the goal is a profession in yacht design then the local requirements for doing so vary quite a bit. In the US, some states (like Washington) require a professional engineering (PE) license. If you work for someone else, they may require a degree in Naval Architecture. Your country or state may have their own set of requirements for required education and licensing. I would start out by checking into the requirements for your locale first, then go find a school or schools that can result in you meeting those requirements.

Later daze,
    Brian

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.