Yanmar - How long should it take for oil pressure to come up from a cold start?

Discussion in 'Diesel Engines' started by Frosty, Jul 26, 2009.

1. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

The best part is the smug little bit of satisfaction you'll feel everytime you start your motors!

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yes Tolly it was good for me, im just having a cigarette now( I dont smoke).

I just started them up after 1 year sitting, primed them with the pumps and fired them up. The pumps take about 20 seconds, great no screaming alarms and oil pressure immediate up to normal.

The one way valves from the plumbers made from brass with brass valves work fine , and why should they not.

These engines sound the business, I stood in the dock with them both howling they sound good ille tell yer.

Flushed with fresh and shut them down, moped up the engines rooms and came inside to tell you about it.

Im hauling in Thailand in Jan so it takes me about 4 hours to get to Thailand if I go straight through but sometimes I like to stop in the mangrove river kampung Kilim and get some fresh cockles off the beach, then it straight across to Thailand in the morning right past where that couple were pirated and he was murdered and thrown overboard.

They wont be able to catch me though, In flat water approaching the Cheli ban river I will be pushing 24Kts.

3. masalai

masalai masalai

With a big enough rooster tail to drown anyone coming up astern:D:D:D

4. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

No ---I don't have a rooster!! I want one --well 2.

It can get fairly impressive at 24 Kts say 6 foot high and 20 feet back, not big at all really.

I have about one ton of fuel on board at the moment and that is 3 years old. I don't mind burning that off and getting some fresh. I was running the fuel scrubber today too and the fuel is dark but clean.

5. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Hey this is great 5,000 hits and no one interrupts me except me buddy mass.

This means I can talk and talk like my own blog or twitter.

Err I don't know what blog or twitter is I just hear other people talk about it.

This is like hiding behind the wardrobe talking to yourself, but its great because I don't get the ******* in here.

Don't think for one minute I am actually annoyed at the lack of attention no sireee, this is great, (stretch my feet out a bit, arms behind head) yeah this is great.

-------------------- I guess we got a dead one here.

Now get me straight,-- I don't want any one to start posting, the next person to post is a ******---- there that should fix it.

"Jeff"----- we got a dead one here,------

6. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Sorry Frosty, I couldn't WAIT to get here :D

7. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Geeezus fannie now you've fcked me up.

Ok,--- the next person to post is a ******.

8. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Keeping the subject alive I see eh :D

9. masalai

masalai masalai

******* of the world, this is the "coming out" thread - - **** it should be full of USAnians as I was assured that they were most inclined to such activity - "Orally" that is :D:D:D

Does that mean that Monica might be the "patron":?::?: and Bill C, the first "life-member"?

By the other personality traits, I doubt there will be many "manual *******" from 'the land of the free', as tweezers are not easy to use by those more familiar with 2 speed V8's and left hand drive...

10. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Is this who you're talking about ??

Attached Files:

11. masalai

masalai masalai

I think paranoia is fun, as it creates a very effective exclusive zone:D:D

- Should Gays and other homosexuals be encouraged to "come out in this thread" and wimin with nipples on their breasts... Well at least one on each mound and 2 or more 'mounds' on bipodal 'naked apes', as humanity is sometimes defined...

I don't think Monica has nipples, and she may be pregnant too?

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Ive been playing with the engines again today, you know just a cuddle here and there, a flick with the feather duster.

I noticed that the big YANMAR sign on the top of the cam box was coming off, it was just held on with contact adhesive, so I pulled it off.

Holy Crap------ in big letters stamped in the cam box was the word TOYOTA. ------- Now I knew they were Toyotas from internet search but Geeeeezuz the cheeky ********, you would thing they would grind that off would'nt you?

13. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

I can buy a Toyota engine locally for around 6k. How much did you pay extra for the yanmar sign... and the poor adhesive :D

The new car diesel engines ie Audi perform surprisingly well and are light on diesel as well as to the old ones that were real smokers with poor performance.

Maybe you should retire those two toyota motors as andchors and obtain the new performance ones...

14. TollyWally

TollyWally Senior Member

If the toyotas are to be fit with chain and tossed over the side as a mooring please ship them to me first! :) Now that the oiling issues are behind us I can give them a loving home for the duration. Amazing the value of a few labels and glue, branding is a funny thing. Seems so very important yet it matters not, working under a patina of hard use.

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Well yes and no. 2 of them cost 54,000 ausi dollars.

They come with D type guage panels, ZF gearbox, intercooler, very large non Toyata turbo, An attached bronze heat exchanger made in new York!! different oil cooling system, different inlet manifold, Jhonson impellor pump Yanmar engine mountings, etc etc.

just bolt it in. Plus I thought that the boat would be worth at least 50,000 dollars more by having in Yanmars than a hino's truck motor.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.