what means charge loop motor

Discussion in 'Outboards' started by riveramunizaga, Sep 11, 2005.

1. riveramunizaga

riveramunizaga Junior Member

somebody can explain to me what means charge loop motor

2. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Loop-Charging? Loop charge scavenging creates a circular flow in a cylinder for efficient removal of exhaust gasses and even distribution of the air-fuel mixture.The result is greater combustion efficiency for higher power and better fuel economy.
    www.yamaha-motor.co.nz/marine/

3. riveramunizaga

Thank you Tom.

this produces an increase in rpm or no ? , example a motor not loop charging has 5500 rpm and one loop charging will has 6500 rpm in equality of conditions propela, hull, etc. If the answer is yes, whatever must be the normal rpm of a motor loop charging or range of rpm at top speed

Thank you

4. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Since the combustion chambers in a loop-charge type engine are a completely different shape than those of an old-style motor, it's impossible to make a fair comparison between them. But it would probably be safe to say that in general the loop-charge one will be able to turn lower rpm for comparable output, given identical displacement, fuel systems, etc.

5. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

Loop charging design of a motor will give a more efficient motor and therefore give a higher RPM range.A motor not loop charged may also achieve high RPM.Loop charging is accepted as a good design feature of modern motors.if you have a loop charged motor (or any other motor)you should find an operating manual for the motor which will give clear operating instructions.You would need a revolution counter fitted to the motor to know what RPM the motor is operating at,5500 6500 would be a sensible top RPM.If you have no revolution counter and no operating instructions,run the motor up to full throttle then bring the throttle back to three quater throttle to cruise.

6. riveramunizaga

my boat is a 16" flat boat, with 140 hp loop charging year 89, with s.s. propeller 13 x 21, and in my revolution counter have 6500 rpm, and the motor is ok, but a don´t know if i can to maintain those rpm in normal conditions to much time without gamange it., becose I have not the owner manual.

What do you think about it

7. tom kane

tom kane Senior Member

The harder you run your motor the quicker it will wear out.You must be flying with that outboard on a sixteen foot flat bottom boat.Perhaps it is a heavy boat.Running at three quater throttle it should last longer.What is the name (make) of the outboard?

8. riveramunizaga

it is doing myself, but the hull is a magnum 16"

9. riveramunizaga

it is the boat, it flat boat to fiching, but is a vee hull with 21 º dedrise

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.