Would someone find this useful?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by lewisboats, Nov 7, 2006.

1. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Here is a mod of a pram dinghy that I was working on. It came to me that a flat bottom on an otherwise vee bottomed (that sounds weird...look at the picture :p ) tender might be a desirable thing...for beaching etc. AnyHoo...if you folks who use tenders could take a peek at it and give me your opinions I would appreciate it.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. Andy

Andy Senior Member

Hi Steve,

I have a similar design which I've been working on for a while, although in my dink the flat area extends all the way to the stern to allow an outboard to be carried without affecting the trim too much. I think the combination of relatively untwisted panels, a sharp entry and a flat bottom for weight carrying and easy beaching is a good one...perhaps there IS something left in the design of these wee boats...

Andy