Yacht Designers-required for a well established shipyard in the U.A.E

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Recruitme, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Recruitme

Recruitme Junior Member

Yacht Designer - required for a well established shipyard in the U.A.E

Position : Supervisor drawing office

No. of Vacancies 1 No.s
    Product : Luxury Motor Yachts
    Model Range: 55ft - 93 ft

1.Must hold a degree/diploma in marine engineering/Naval Architecture.
    2.Minimum 5 years of experience in marine craft designing.
    3.Minimum 5 years experience in developing autocad designs for yachts/commercial boats.
    4.Knowledge in 3D modelling software.
    5.Proper Pipe networking in luxury yacht designs.

Interest candidates must post their Cvs to designriv@gmail.com.

2. Grant Nelson

Grant Nelson Senior Member

So we have to bare our souls, and you can not even mention what company, history, types of boats or the details of the type of work...

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

(mod note: moving thread to services & employment forum / deleted duplicate thread)

1 person likes this.
  4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

Look this guy is trying make a quid, dollar, buck, he is not doing it quite right, but at least the poor sod is trying
    Lets face it, for every 100 of us that actually do the work, theres 50, taking a cut for doing sod all
    if he approaches it a bit differently and says :hey guys, I want to be an intemediary, so send me your stuff"" then maybe he will get there,

5. Grant Nelson

Grant Nelson Senior Member

Ah, sure, bank robbers are just trying to make money too... not that I think this person is one... all I was asking was for a bit more background... It did not dawn on me he was working as an independent recruiter - so making that clear up front would have totally avoided my flame. Also, I am sure the post said at first to put our CVs here in the forum, but I guess I was wrong about that, and he does provide an email address. Wonder if you have to move there, or if you can work remotely...

6. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

yes grant it did say he wants you to post ya Cvs on thread,, NOT to send to him.

7. Hostins

Hostins Junior Member

ni hao? :p

8. pashbe1

pashbe1 Junior Member

Having read several similar threads now, and seen the same people posting the same type of response, I would like to suggest maybe a stickied thread listing 'approved & verified' recruiters for the marine industry. That would be a very helpful resource and reduce the incentive for threads such as this one.

They do exist. A recruiter who I found on this very forum placed me in a very good position.

9. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

recruiters are cool...they get alot of "us" jobs.,,,but they need to be honest,upfront,and at least know what their asking you is "in the correct form",,,here in the u.s. as you know,, asking a person to "post" their resumes in public, or making an applicants resume public, is very much against the law,,,,,,,and before ya all say,,but there where he is it may not be,,,, this may be so,,BUT, has ANYONE seen a legit "dude" or business ask you to "post" your personal information online for the general public to see? ,,,and on the "professional" side of things,,,,,my first post wasnt really THAT bad,,,99% of all professionals would of either not said anything to me,, or make a "funny" about it,, either way,, they would not stoop to come back instantly with put downs to old dudes.,, is a very simple and easy test to see how a professional conducts himself,,,,now with just my LITTLE ribbing,,,you see his response,,,,now imagine landing at the airport in whereva,, and having a SMALL disagreement with him,,,,,,wheres that leave the guys that drop everything and all their money for a cool job?

see,, you cant come out and ASK people about their attitudes,, or how they conduct business or if their honest,,,,,cause ALL of them will HIGHLY recommend themselves,,,,so ya got ta "sneek" em into SHOWING ya.

10. pashbe1

pashbe1 Junior Member

Hey Jim, while in general I agree with your points, your post does not address the issue of mine which proposes setting up a stickied thread whose purpose is to list legitimate recruiters. That way we wouldn't have to bother reading these nonsense threads (entertaining as your semi-gibberish posts might be).

1 person likes this.
  11. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

ya,,,the only thing with doing that,,,,,Jeff would have to get all kinds of info from them,,,then,, most these countries it would take 6 months just to find out if they were legit,,then by then,,,,the job will be gone.... the dude ( if real) should of just gave HIS name and personal info for all to see,,,,how many BIG yards ( he says its a major builder) will not take resumes directly,,,,and if they do hire recruiters,,,their not gonna hire a "no namer" ,,,,i know the dude needs to keep some info "not public" because that would just loose him money,,,,but ANY recruiter will give the info thats been asked for to get his money,,,and in his other thread,,, he had like 5 job openings,,,all in a day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and ya your right,,, it would be so cool if we had a way to tell if their legit WAY easier then how we do now,,,,,,but,,,,this kind of crap,, at least may teach the YOUNG dudes a little bit,, so they dont get all hiper to get that new cool job in another country,,,and land in a new country,,,,,and get STUCK there,,,,,,,it happens MANY times every day,,,,,poor guys,,,,,,,,THATS why i "talk" to these "work ads",,,,,i know how it feels to be stuck in a place you hate,, and cant get out,,,,,,then i imagine doing it in a country that dont even LIKE americans, or ANY foreigners.,,,,,,but your "sticky note" is coolz,,,,,,but 1 of the easiest things to do is,,, ask the people their name, phone #, business name, and the name of their local authority on businesses and workers rights,,,,then ask them bout the "paper work" you'll need.,,,,,,when they start "baulking" at ANY of those SIMPLE things,,,,,then it sounds like a "shanghai" job.

hehe,,,and im only SEMI gibberish?,,,,,i'll work on that,, and try for a full-gibberish post ,,,hehe :D;)

12. pashbe1

pashbe1 Junior Member

Jim,

can't help but agree with all you said, again.

Maybe the stickied list would require that all applicants submit the necessary credentials to the Mod in order to have their business listed. Then a quick google check, phone call, email could verify the legitimacy.

That is not to say that an enterprising fraud would not be able to get on, but there is also a limit to how far we need to go to protect people from themselves. Ultimately, we as individuals need to do our due diligence, and failing that, accept the consequences of that failure.

I'm glad you knew I was being humoruos about the gibberish. Keep it up, it confuses the hell out of 'em!

p.s. I have had pretty bad experiences here, and good ones over seas. A-holes come in all shapes, colors, sizes, sex's, creeds, etc.

1 person likes this.
  13. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

everything is humorous to me,,hehe,,,you can even "put me down" and ill still make it out funny,,,,,until someone eitha lies about me,,or messes with my friends,,,,and i consider any REAL boat person a friend,, till they prove otherwise :D ,,,,and you are right,,,there should be some kind of "application" you should have to fill out before you go round advertising for jobs hehe ;)

14. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

Recruitme post your C.V so I can see if I want to be recruited by you

15. Daniel Rogers

Daniel Rogers Junior Member

Recruiters??

I'm glad others have brought this subject up, and agree with all what you say. In Europe there seems to be a huge amount of 'fly by night' so called recruiters just after making an easy quick buck out of us workers. It seems that just about anyone can set up as one without any kind of regulations and just be a middle man, sticking there few bucks on an hour per guy! I to feel there should be some kind of thread or a place where we could all check on these so called recruiters. About a year and a half ago I took up a job offer from a thread posted on here by a Matthew Bromley and his company called British Anzani (A very well known British company name that shut up shop many years ago) I later found out that all he did was buy the name!. The job sounded great and I took a chance agreeing terms etc only over the phone (I have learnt better since!) The job was in Sweden and it worked out he had hired me to a swedish guy who in tern hired me out to another swedish company. Anyway to cut along story short I worked for a month (my limit before not getting paid) and never saw any money/pay coming that I was due, along with other promises etc. I quit and ended up having to take Mr Bromley to court which as you can imagine was a pain, just on a year later I won the case and received all monies owed to me. NOW my biggest point I want to make is that I posted this experience on this site to warn people as soon as it happened, as the guy was still trying to recruit!! The post/thread was removed by the moderator of this site saying something to do with pending legal resolution!! But it took me a year or so to pend that bloody resolution!! so imagine all those other guys that may have also been ripped off from this guy in that year! and I know the majority of guys wouldnt bother going through the long drawn out court case to try and get a month or two's wages! And to make things even worse the same guy now advertises under another name= "Boatworks" I could name probably at least half a dozen other guys/companies in Europe that are dodgy and thats just through personal experience or that of very close friends that have experience with these rogues. Its a tuff one on how to be able to have some kind of site where we could check up, and for everyone thats bad there are of course many decent recruiters out there.I have found one thing,that if there willing to pay for your travel/flights (return!) and shipping of your tools, it gives a little more security to there offer. And of course you can do as I did after my experience and check on the company house website that lists all registered companies, call the tax office to see if there registered etc etc, and I suppose you could also stick a post on here to see if anyone has had experience with who ever. Is there not some budding web designer out there who could set up a register? and a name and shame data base? Anyway thats my story hope it sheds some light and maybe helps in finding a way to combat these dodgy recruiters out there. And to all the decent guys and gals out there in the marine business all the best!

Danny