Who like my new bilge pump bracket

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by the brain, Feb 21, 2018.

1. the brain

the brain Senior Member

Who like my new bilge pump bracket

Plan is aim the outlet upwards a tad so the tubes can hump over my knee brace.

Bracket will hold 2 pumps.

The primary a el cheapo seaflow w/ builtin auto/float switch rated 750GPH

The secondary/emergency Rule just on/off rated 1500GPH.

My 500GPH live well pump is portable so really 3 pumps.

Will install soon currently wiring interia LEDs and other wiring.

second part of plan is to bend up the sides of bracket to hold a fliter in place to fliter out the mouse poop poop I can't seam the totally clean all of it, the stuff ruins pumps.

I also have leaves that even w/ the rear cover I made. still aculuate.

Attached Files:

2. the brain

the brain Senior Member

Physically mounted on plate. next electrically connect. I was planning 2nd discharge hole be higher than primary pump.

how much higher can discharge be?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Why are you using 4' of hose? You can "clock" the pump so you can use 18" instead. Though the aluminum seems overly thick for it's needs, I'd think it'll vibrate quite a bit too. Lastly, I've made many custom pickups, usually with built strainers for pumps over the years. With some thought, the mount can also be built in as well. If you're clever the pickup can conform to the odd spaces you need, to get the last few ounces out too.

the brain likes this.
  4. the brain

the brain Senior Member

actually I was forced to use the 4' of white tube to keep it kindof straight, see the farrer aft the higher the brace.

I could clock 180* then the white tube will be almost straight up is that acceptable?

edit:dam I just remember I can route the white tube behind and under the brace so I'll be shortening it.

ideally I'd like to have primary pump on center (lowest part of bilge) however I have a tree leaf problem.
    this is a trailer vessel w/out a boat house *I do have a aft cover which helps alot but not entirely.

the leaves see one on the fuel tank I can't keep them out this is part of the black crape in bilge wanted to keep center of bilge open in an attempt to clean the bilge.

I have the plate revitted down will keep eye out for vibration maybe the plate is to big?

I'd like the discharge tube to be as short as possible but would also like it as high as possible as well. how much higher than original discharge can I have new black discharge?

I've tried tried till I'm blue in the face vacunming and rinsing to have a clean bilge while rinsing I use a pole to mix the water in hope to rinse out the crape. the stuff is heavier than water and just drops.

I'd really like to see a image of a custom made pickup tube. I'd love to keep the pumps out from sitting in saltwater and have the ability to filter the crape.

Thanks excellent advice as usualle. TB

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  5. the brain

the brain Senior Member

I will fab a cylinder. insert the 500gph use a float switch.
    this will be the primary pump, I've already ran the 3 wires for auto/on/off pump switch.this project has lower priority.due to trailers new axel spindel/brake sys. been doing lots a major repairs to both tow
    vehicle.
    I hope to splash this week at lake to test the 3 new revitos and test tow w/ the 97X new TV.

Attached Files:

6. the brain

the brain Senior Member

update installed discharge tube, and cup holder 2 extra lagre net holders for behind door when opened.
    forgot to take the 2nd holders image.

Attached Files:

7. the brain

the brain Senior Member

Finally made a bilge pump cover

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.