Sailboat Styling

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Guest, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am searching for some reference on sailboat styling/design. Are there any publications or books that have a focus on styling (both interior and exterior)? Most information I have found is just DIY boat building books, or just dated material in general.
    I'm looking for modern, forward-thinking design & styling references.

Thanks,

Jason

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Check out the listings for Yacht interior designers in this website. They have a lot of modern looks in there.

3. ChrisGibbs

ChrisGibbs Junior Member

Chris,

Yeah at the moment im using CADkey 19.01 for all my hull design, while the office has Maxsurf and Hydromax for stabilty purposes, this seems like a pricey option for me as an individual.

At the moment all i really play around with is chine hulls, and the conics in Cadkey are great for that - I can develop a whole hull given 4 conics and a line!

Just means it has to be exported in to Masurf for any stabilty data.

But il have a look at the programs that you like and yes your right - once you have basic CAD knowledge it is pretty easy to jump from program to program - afterall maths is maths no matter how fancy the program is!

Chris

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.