yacht research publication

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Alik, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Need help to publish scientific article in English. The article covers sailing yacht non-stationary hydroaerodynamics research. Does anyone know some scientific magazines/issues to adress and get result in 1-2 months, not commercial. Also need help in coorrection. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. tspeer

tspeer Senior Member

Two peer-reviewed journals in the US are Marine Technology and Journal of Ship Research, both published by SNAME. Submit articles electronically to sevans@sname.org (preferred) or in hard copy to Susan Evans, SNAME, 601 Pavonia Ave., Jersey City, NJ 07306, USA.

In the UK, the Royal (Institute of Naval Architecture (http://www.rina.org.uk) publishes several journals. One possibility is their "Ship & Boat International". Here are the RINA contacts:
    RINA, 10 Upper Belgrave Street, London, SW1X 8BQ
    t: +44 (0)20 7235 4622
    f: +44 (0)20 7259 5912
    e: hq@rina.org.uk

There's also the Amateur Yacht Research Society's jounal, Catalyst. Send submissions to Catalyst@fishwick.demon.co.uk. See http://www.ayrs.org for more details on the Society.

I don't know of any source that can get your paper published in 2 months. It looks like it takes more than a year to get a paper published in JSR. Catalyst doesn't require the time-consuming peer review process, but being published by volunteers, publication dates are a bit erratic. If you want it out quickly, put it on the web.

I'd be interested in knowing more about your research. I've been working on adapting the SMP strip-theory code to handle the seakeeping dynamics of sailing multihulls.

3. Alik

Alik Senior Member

Thanks a lot! I am to defend Ph.D. Thesis this fall, so I'm lack of time. Web publications are not considered here. Are there any magazines published by Universities?
    For more info on our work please e-mail: nazarov@yand.crimea.com I'll send an annotation.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.