Pay advice for boatbuilders in the UK??

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by kitto, Oct 2, 2007.

1. kitto

kitto Junior Member

Hi there everyone, I am currently living in London and have been here with my Wife for 6 weeks now. I have started applying for jobs on the South coast and have interviews coming up.

I have no idea what pay rate i should be looking at accepting. I don't want to work for peanuts but don't want to be unrealistic.

I have 12 years experience in wooden and composite boat building and are qualified in both. I have built boats ranging from production 350hp jet boat's and coast guard inflatables, Plugs and moulds for all sorts of boats and projects, construction of 33mtr Wave piercer, fit out of many luxury boats and project manager of the construction of the Logan Classic 33 production launch (covering from laminating to engine install, plumbing and commissioning etc) and creation of the 10mtr Prowler production cat by Logan (plugs, moulds and first product).

If anyone has any information they could share and any tips on how it works here in the UK it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Kit Carlier

2. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Can you work legally in Uk ? Don't you need a work permit?

3. kitto

kitto Junior Member

No i don't need a permit. I hold a Belgian Passport which allows me to live and work here without a visa.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.