US Graduate student looking for Summer Internships

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Navarc_Designer, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Navarc_Designer

Navarc_Designer New Member

Hi All,

I'm a graduate student at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA studying Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering. I'm looking for a challenging internship at a design firm, ship yard, or major corporation in either Ship Design, Offshore Engineering, Ship Production, Marine Engineering or modeling simulations.

My thesis will be in Set Based design methods and I'm also pursuing an independent study in Vortex Hydro Energy. I have experience in model testing and experimentation at MHL at UM.

I have an undergrad in Aerospace Engineering and I have a lot of design experience in many undergrad and grad design-build-test projects. I have a year's business/consulting experience also.

I'm proficient in Rhino 4.0, Maxsurf Pro, AUTOCAD, Matlab and C++ as well as a variety of engineering software packages.

Skills:

Design Optimization
    Ship Design
    Offshore Engineering
    Hydrodynamics
    Hydrostatics
    Stability and Maneuvering
    Aircraft Design
    Systems Engineering

Certificates: FE/EIT (Engineer-in-Training) Exam passed

I'm looking for an internship this summer from anytime between May to August. I'm open to travel and work anywhere in the US, EU, Korea, China, Brazil and India. I would especially appreciate an internship in DC, Virgina, Texas or the Pacific Northwest.

I'm new to Boat Design.net and if you are interested in a hard working and motivated intern please reply below so that I can send you my resume and transcripts.

Regards

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.