Yacht Drawing Package

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by fdream, Feb 18, 2014.

1. fdream

fdream New Member

Hello,
    My name is Diana and I'm from Bulgaria. I'm an Interior design student, currently in the last year of my bachelor's degree.
    I'm assigned with a interior project that will be my bachelor thesis. The theme is "Furnishing a modern yacht". I'm looking for a 2D platform /plan/ which is going to help me work on my ideas for furnishing the interior and exterior design.
    I still haven't picked out the model I'm going to be working on. I would be extremely grateful in case you can help me by sending me a yacht platform plan or let me know where I can find one.

Thank you in advance!
    Kind regards,
    Diana Shushkova
    Bulgaria

2. BKay

BKay Junior Member

Diana, My wife did the same thing when completing her interior design degree in Tampa, FL; although in her case every student did the same project. Her school coordinated with Lazzarra Yachts (also in Tampa) for the basic plan layout and profile.

I don't know if you would have any luck contacting them (or another builder in your country) and requesting this information, but I know they are accustomed to having students use their yachts as a platform for school.

Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  3. fdream

fdream New Member

Thank you so much for your answer!
    I'll make sure to get in touch with Lazzara Yacht.
    Unfortunately, the companies in Bulgaria that furnish/decorate yachts are very few and not entirely specialized in that field.
    Up to now, my research is unsuccesful because the companies would not provide me with plans and they keep telling me I can find everything I need in Google.
    Thanks once again!:)

4. bhnautika

bhnautika Senior Member

Fdream if you google “boat layouts” or something like “Med yacht charter” you should get all the interiors and layouts in pictures and plan views to get started.

5. fdream

fdream New Member

Thank you,
    but i'm worried about the correct dimension and for that i need the dwg file.
    Thank you for support :)

6. Ingolf

Ingolf Junior Member

7. Hampus

Hampus Junior Member

Hello.

What exactly do you need and what size yacht?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.