1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Yacht Design Student Drafting Supplies Collects

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by dishsail, Feb 18, 2007.

1. dishsail

dishsail Junior Member

Hello Fellow Designers:

Due to recent personal health and family situations I've had to reconsider my dreams. In this reflection time, I've had to consider whether I'd ever return to studying yacht design, and after sometime I've decided the materials and supplies I have could be use by a student who is looking to start from scratch. In the below list you see a list of supplies that I've gathered over the last few years. I would like to see these supplies go to one or two students.

Supplies:
    - 37.5" x 72" Mayline (4) Wooden Post Drafting Table w/ Cream Vinyl Cover
    - 60" Parallel Straight Edge (included with table)
    - Drafting Lamp (2) bulbs (included with table)
    - Edson Brass Spline Weights (sold in 2-6 spline sets)
    - 8" Design Products 1060C Protractor
    - Pickett, 1202i Circle Radius Master
    - Timesaver, 370 Corner Radius Template
    - Kohler Co. Kohler, Wis Plumbing Fixtures Template P324-8-59
    - Rapidesign, R-77 Ellipse Master Template
    - Rapidesign, 123 Isometric Ellipses Template
    - Rapidesign, R-140 Large Circles Template
    - Rapidesign, R-40 Circles Template
    - Timely, T-44 Isometric Hexagons Template
    - Timesaver, 302 Arrow Template
    - Rapidesign, 540 Decimal Circles (decimal inches) Template
    - Ship Curves: No. 42, 43, 50, 59, 60, 109, 114
    - Dietzgen, 100% Horsehair Sterilized Drafting Brush
    - Triangles:
    - 45-45-90: 6", 8", 10", 18"
    - 30-60-90: 6", 8", 12", 16", 18"
    - Unique Adjustable Square ( 0 - 45, 45 - 90 degrees)
    - Alvin 979VJ, Jet-Bow Compass
    - LaSico, L-10 Ser. #05596, Mechanical Polar Planimeter (used for twice)
    - Alvin, 1109-36 Stainless Steel Straight Edge
    - (2) ~36" Splines
    - (1) ~42" Spline
    - Standard Eraser Shield
    - (2) PaperMate Pro Touch II 0.5mm Mechanical Pencils

I will be listing these items on ebay within a week or two, but I'm giving members of this community a chance to make offers up front. These items are well worth over $3000 new, and although they are mostly used they are still kept in great condition. Please be advised everything can be shipped, but table, light, spline weights will need special handling therefore increasing costs. The supplies are in Scranton-Wilkes Barre Area, PA so they may be picked up or met locally for the exchange.

It's assumed all offers to not include shipping & handling, shipping costs will be advised once location is known since it will have to be shipped frieght.

If you have any questions you may post them on this thread or shoot me an email at joseph.petry@petrydesign.net. I'll keep this thread updated on the supplies and what's available. Thanks for reading and happy bidding.

Thanks,
    Joe

1 person likes this.
  2. joz

joz Senior Member

Joe

Can you please post a link for each item here that you wish to sell on ebay here on your post. also can you post pics of what you are selling as well on this site.

3. dishsail

dishsail Junior Member

Joz:

I'm working on the pix, and should have them posted sometime this evening early Wednesday morning. As of right now, I haven't decided how I plan to separate the items on ebay, but once I post them on ebay I will add links to this forum. I do plan on having several pics so I will be creating a website to post them on so I don't flood this forum with pics. Please stay tuned. Thanks.

Joe

4. dishsail

dishsail Junior Member

For more details especially photographs of the drafting equipment that is available for purchase and auctions on eBay. Thank you very much for your viewing.

Petry's Yacht Design Drafting

Thanks,
    Joe

5. westlawn5554X

westlawn5554X STUDENT

Is the item still avaliable? I would like to nego the whole lot for the brass weight.

contact me through email for future arrangement. Thanks

6. dishsail

dishsail Junior Member

Spline Weights SOLD!

Hello Fellow Yachtsmen:

I just wanted to update you on the sales of my drafting supplies. This morning I shipped out the spline weights to a gentleman who made me a great offer. Please advise that is all 12 spline weights are no longer available, but everything else is still for sale. Thanks.

Thank You,
    Joe

7. Cleetus

Cleetus Junior Member

is any of this left?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.