Human powered Boat "Biathlon" competition

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by frosh, May 14, 2007.

1. frosh

frosh Senior Member

Row boat or paddle boat and sailing hybrids.
    There is a really cool thread going on in the Motorsailers section where it probably is not getting very much viewing. Also I think it has been inadvertantly been placed in the wrong section. Maybe Jeff can move it to Sailboats where it will get much more attention, and likely far more feedback. It is a direction that has been largely ignored, but if one takes Triathlon as an analogy and compare it to the individual sports of Marathon running, cycling- road racing, and open water swimming. My belief is that Triathlon has far more appeal to the masses who happen to NOT be elite athletes.
    I think it is a fantastic concept which sadly has been little explored (at least in Australia anyway). I would love to see greater comments to a hybrid of sailing with paddling/rowing as a concept for competition say at club but not at elite level.
    SEE what has been said so far at: http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17267

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.