Italy vs. England

Discussion in 'Education' started by 0thaistick0, Apr 29, 2010.

1. 0thaistick0

0thaistick0 New Member

Hi guys, I live in Phuket, Thailand... and I just graduated from Architecture school(B.arch). Now i'm looking forward to doing my master in Yacht design, but i dont' really know what the difference btw courses in Italy and England. I really want to participate the course which focus more on commercial and luxury. what school should i go for? thxx

2. conceptia

conceptia Naval Architect

the masters course in UK is one year, while that in Italy I suppose is 2 years. thats da main difference. Also UK is very much advanced in the marine industry. So i think it is more worthy to move UK. Also the language will be an issue.We asians at least know to read and write english, but Italians never invaded us :)

3. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Yes, but you got even by giving us curry.:)

4. apex1

apex1 Guest

Curry does not exist in India Hoyt!

There is something named Garam Masala (every housewife has a own recipe), which Lord Curry brought to GB.

And to topic GB is the way to go, sure!

Regards
    Richard

5. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Ok, so it's 3-0 for England at the moment.

But then, you said that you are interested in luxury. That usually means fancy, arty, costly and overpowered floating villas aimed at attracting bikini-clad supermodel chicks and triggering wows in Montecarlo-like marinas.
    That's where Italy, being the land of art, fashion and design, is still far ahead of the rest of the world. :D

Though it sounds pretty much like an offside goal, it still yields:
    England - Italy: 3-1 :D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  6. apex1

apex1 Guest

Offside or not daiquiri, that goal is valid!

7. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

Mmmm, maybe the Italian Chicks are worth double points.........

8. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Holy Cleopatra!

9. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

as far as i know.. unless u did ur undergraduate in uk or with their similar style,,
    they will ask u to take one year foundation type course or something like that.so it will be 2 years for uk too for overseas std... u can contact with the university directly so u will not be miss guided...
    and yes first visit these two country's university website.. read the guides and course structure , that will help u to ask a better question ;)

10. conceptia

ya.. check all da universities dat provide MS of ur choice first. then opt accordingly.. dat'll be better...

11. conceptia

and apex, after consuming garam masala u must be knowing why indians go for water over paper.(paper may burn) :)

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

No problem with that, but I eat with chuppati, because forks and knives would corrode from my Garam Masala.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.