Radclyffe J Class

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by peter radclyffe, Aug 24, 2012.

1. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

i have designed a j class, does anyone know for sure when the last J was designed

2. Paul B

Paul B Previous Member

1937 for the originals.

The current boats all claim to be based on the originals, but I suspect there have been real changes by folks like Hoek to make the boats better.

3. Earl Boebert

Earl Boebert Senior Member

We were sailing the AMYA model J class boats (7 ft long replicas, non scale rigs) off the Herreshoff museum dock and I was chatting with a gent who he said he was from Sparkman and Stevens. The conversation got to the new Js and I mentioned that I had probably stared at as many pictures of the original Ranger as anybody and had to confess that the new one just didn't look right, especially in the forebody. He claimed she wasn't even close. FWIW.

Cheers,

Earl

4. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

that is most interesting Earl

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.