Need Help Identifying a Jet Drive

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by jmneissa, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jmneissa

jmneissa New Member

Hey guys I am new here and need a little help identifying a jet drives on a boat. Now looking at the pictures attached and with the given information I have I know the turbine is either the American Turbines AT-309, SD-309 or the TJ-309. I however do not beleive that it is the AT-309 because from the first picture you can see the manhole on the exterior of the boat now if it was the AT-309 it would use a transom mount that would make the manhole on the inside of the hull. Betweeen the other two I don't know so if you guys have any info please post. Thnaks

Attached Files:

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Looks like a James Bond boat.
    I can't tell from those photos much about the reverse deflector or the underside of the inlet duct, which appear to be the most obvious visual differences between the SD and TJ 309 pumps.... this might help you out, http://americanturbine.com/products/products_jets_AT.htm

3. jmneissa

jmneissa New Member

Yeah I completely understand you about having a hard time about the picture they are very old and crappy digitals. From my observations if you look at the one where you see the drive attached to the transom if you look at it it appears that the slope of the suction inlet is simmilar to the TJ-309 however the manfaturer of the hull of the boat uses the sd-309 which would make sense that they would buy the drive and engine from the hull maker. I don't think they would take out the jet drive to replace it witht the same jet dirve just a different mounting way. And Yes this is the James Bond boat. I have long been a fan of it and am now starting to research it to lookinto building. Thanks

4. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Junior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.