Getting there!

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by flydog, Jan 19, 2007.

1. flydog

flydog Junior Member

Hello everyone! LP asked me to keep everyone posted on my progress. I am a firstime boatbuilder, and have chosen a not so easy design to build; a 12' glued lapstrake sailing dinghy. The planking is almost done. I just have the crucial sheerstrakes to cut out and install. I am in no hurry here since these define the attractiveness(uglyness?) of a boat.

Here is a pic.

Flydog

Attached Files:

2. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Looking good Flydog!

TGoz

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Echoing Timgoz - looking very good for a first time job, obviously a good carpenter before you attempted boats!

I would hope that door is not the only way out!! :confused: (looks more like it goes into the house but you never know, it's been done before and no doubt will again! The Jokes about having to take a window frame out to get the boat out abound!!:D )

4. flydog

flydog Junior Member

No, there is a garage door. Thanks guys, I still need encouragement for this.

flydog

5. LP

LP Flying Boatman

Good show, mon. Anxious to see the progress.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.