Can anybody ID this 17' Homebuilt Day Sailer?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MooneyDriver, May 4, 2013.

1. MooneyDriver

MooneyDriver New Member

I recently bought this boat on craigslist. It is a 17' sheet plywood cabin day sailer with a swing keel. It has fiberglass sheathing on the hull. It was first registered in 1993.

I am particularly wondering how to rig the mast. It came with an aluminum mast with fixed spreader and boom. The mast mounts on top of the cabin, to a bracket between the two U brackets you can see in the last picture in the album. I'm not sure how the mast is rigged other than that, as it did not come with any stays.

Here's the album: http://imgur.com/a/1U73b

Update: Jacques Mertens at bateau2.com and Chuck at duckworks have both suggested that it may be a Hartley. It looks a lot like a Hartley 16 or 18, so I'm going to do some measurements and see if she's just a slightly odd looking Hartley.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.