1978 formula good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by den44057, Oct 26, 2010.

1. den44057

den44057 Junior Member

i have a chance to buy a 1978 Formula 205, 21' fiberglass,v-hull, gm 350 mercruiser 260 I/O, stainless prop with 2 spare props, 2 fish depth finders, gps, compass, trim tabs, bilge pumps, bimini top, all weather cover, closed bow lots of storage, life jackets,flares, horns, oar, rope, anchor, tandem axle trailer and more.

i would like to know a little about it as to how it will handle in lake erie ? i mainly fish and i have 5 kids. can it take the waves that this lake puts out ?

i had a boat repair man thats a friend of mine look the boat over for rot and stress marks and stuff like that. he found nothing bad said the boat was very nice for the age.

i can buy the boat for 1500 cash so im wanting to know what anyone thinks is this a good price or ?

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

That's less than $1 per lb. so the price is right. But with all the stuff included in the deal it will be hard to find a place for the 5 kids. And how about the wife?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.