come one come all! Wilmington NC

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by offrd2001, Mar 14, 2009.

1. offrd2001

offrd2001 New Member

I am new to registering to the site but have always used it to answer my questions. This will be my first post of many im sure.

Here is the skinny...I am looking at an Offshore 44 for purchase. It was "commissioned" in 96 and sailed until 02 when it was sold to the current owner who striped everything off of it back down to the steel hull. He was planning on refitting it but never got around to it. Now...its being sold and I am thinking about purchasing. The boat will be moved to Wilmington NC to be fitted. I work overseas so as much as I want to do a majority of the work myself....i wont be able to and will have to contract it out. Like I said, its an empty steel hull. She doesn have a pilothouse right now but since she will be a world cruiser and Im partial to them, that would also be a possible addition. Anyone in the Wilmington area who would be interested in a portion of the work needed, reply please so I can get an idea of what I will be looking at. Also, the engine will have to be replaced and I am looking at possibly putting a Yanmar in. Anyways, thanks to all that reply.

2. mulletbucket

mulletbucket Junior Member

I live in Wilmington and may be of some help to you, although I know nothing about steel hull boats. I have been building custom Carolina Sportfish for about 10 years and I know most of the people in the industry in this area. Where will you be hauling out? I could be of some help finding the best place for you project. Call me anytime at 910 367 1882.

Bryan Robinson

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.